Canadians check in here....

Pics
Would you believe that I don't even know the breeds? They were a gift.

The brown is a red sexlink, I think. An egglaying machine for sure.

Someone more experienced could probably tell me what I've got.

Now that I have chickens, I can't imagine life without them. It's the whole package - the eggs, the entertainment etc. etc. Only the people on this board could really understand
smile.png

Quote:
I am further North than you by about 6 hours...and I usually put my babies out in the shed around mid May, the day they arrive:>) I just make sure they have heat lights in the pen for the first two or three weeks. I have my new batch this year coming May 7, and they will be going straight to the coop under lights. (in thier own pen of course)

Last edited:
Hi all, new member here from Osprey Lake BC. I currently have 5 hens, 1 Austrolorp and 4 I have no idea what they are. A friend of mine asked if I wanted them and I said sure. Now I think I am a little chicken obsessed. I am looking for chicks or eggs to hatch with my kids. I really like the black astrolorp and my hubby wants some silver sebright hens. If anyone knows where I can get these I would really appreciate it.

I have 5 kids, 2 German Shepherds 1 Pug, 1 rabbit, 1 guinea pig, 1 cat and 5 chickens.

Back
Top Bottom