Canadians check in here....

Exactly. Always take into consideration where a person is from. Winter where I am averages around -10 to -15, with bouts of colder and warmer temps.

I try not to coddle my animals because if something happens (power goes out) they can't put on winter clothing or start a fire for warmth. I'd rather breed towards animals that can withstand the conditions here, both summer and winter. If that means losing some of the less hardy ones, then it's a price I'm willing to pay.
Exactly! I agree! Minus 15 is nothing for chickens in an insulated coop. I am moving east soon and happy about the temps my new area will have opposed to the minus 40 in Alberta at times. This winter we had a doosie.

Hey guys my name is Isai. I'm currently in Belleville, Ontario. I was wondering if anyone knew any Serama breeders close to this area. Any info is greatly appreciated.
You may be able to get some from PeeveyMart. You can order them and they come from Hoovers, I believe. Also, keep your eye on Kijiji.

I'll be looking for more OEGB myself, I went and sold a bunch last fall, kept only five, and a fox took residence here and I only have one hen left. :( Lost a bunch of others too, that never came back or got eaten.

:welcome

Exactly! I agree! Minus 15 is nothing for chickens in an insulated coop. I am moving east soon and happy about the temps my new area will have opposed to the minus 40 in Alberta at times. This winter we had a doosie.
Well, looking at what's going on right now in NS, and I'm not sure if the blizzards are going to be an improvement!

Our fox problem has improved but I think it's due to the increase in wolf population. Luckily they're too big to squeeze through the electric fence. Worried about my dogs though and everything else outside the efence.
Seems the foxes are getting more numerous since I moved here 2 1/2 years ago. My first Autumn here, we had coyotes right in the back. Haven't seen/heard them since... 🤔

Back
Top Bottom