Canadians check in here....

Pics
Hi everyone! Hope this lovely long weekend was a good one for you and your chickens
D.gif

Hi. I’m from Montreal, QC. My relationship with chickens didn’t start off too well. When I was a child, we spent some time in a small town in Ontario. We weren’t allowed in the house between meals and I often peed behind my friends’ chicken coop. Maybe the hens knew it and that’s why they were so mean to me! Hitchcock’s movie The Birds came out about that time and that was not a good combination. I got over most of my fear of chickens later on and was able to collect eggs when visiting a friend’s farm but I never got over my mistrust of chickens. Nice to see some people actually enjoy these creatures.

Canadian Loon - you absolutely need a silkie chicken. Feels more like rabbit fur and they love to sit on laps. Would definitely help you achieve the final step of overcoming the mistrust of chickens.

So, all these Nova Scotians on the forum is such fun - did any of you go to Halifax West High School (the old one, before it got demolished...)? That was my high school, and then I went to SMU for my first degree. Anyone else from my alma mater?

Hi I'm from delburne alberta which is close to Red Deer. I have 9 bantams, 4 sussex, 2 dorking, and 1 turkey pullet. Think I will be focusing on the dorkings cause I love the temperament and they are on the rare breeds list. It's hard to commit to 1 breed !

welcome-byc.gif

I know what you mean b it's hard to commit to just one breed.

I have 16 Chanteclers (10partridge and 6whites)
Today I picked up 2 Buff Orpingtons and 2 Black Australorps (sp?..sorry) and tomorrow I plan on going to pick up a Buff Chantecler....
ya.gif

Enjoy!
N:_)

Back
Top Bottom