Canadians check in here....

Pics
Hi chickenlicken'! The closest I've been to S. Africa is to visit Tanzania. I left NS to follow my heart to Maryland (hubby is wonderful) You sure have changed climates! I lived in Halifax so didn't have the opportunity to raise chickens there...though I heard there was an uproar over a few chickens living in the city!

Hi LynnneP yes little Bear River!! It is beautiful here where are you located? And where do you get your chickens from? I am busy organising a coop now so it will be all ready for the spring.. so i am so looking forward to getting some babies!!
D.gif

Rise-n-shine-everyday ( nice name lol) halifax is a sweet city but i ended up here as i too followed my heart and ended up in Bear River
love.gif
the things we do for the loves of our lives
smile.png
But i love it here, there is nothing cooler than not having to look over your shoulder every two mins.. crime is so bad in SA now!

I bought mine at less than 12 hours of age from the local co-op in Brooklyn, Hants County. I live near there in Centre Rawdon. If you want layers, I'd recommend a local breeder (everybody chime in please) or your local co-op in a community on this list

http://www.coopatlantic.ca/city.aspx?id=4

lol.png

I'm getting an average of 11 eggs a day from 12 hens.

Last edited:
tongue.png
Hi all! Who knew the internet world of chickens could be such a small one?!

Adoptedbyachicken - are you still here? I met you on Horses in Canada I believe and introduced you to IERRS....

CCR you still here? chatted with you on IH

Judy - you're a Victoria girl - I'm up in Cobble Hill!

Although the posts i saw of you gals was last year, giving you a shout out in case you're still here.

Sure looks like a hoppin place here!

Just wondering if anyone in eastern Ontario/western Quebec was hit by that little ole snow storm this week? I read in the news some people lost power?....oh the fun begins .....BRRRRRRR .....Hope everyone weathered it okay....

Good evening to all~

I'm in South Surrey, BC, and I have no chickens, yet. I'm fascinated by all the backyard farming movement that is going on now. I have no experience in farming and I'm lucky if my house plants don't die on me... But I'm going to read all about it this winter and hopefully I'll be able to have some fresh vegetable out of my own backyard next summer!
big_smile.png
And of course, hopefully couple of hens for fresh eggs, too!
smile.png

Hey ! Welcome...I was "hatched" in beautiful Penticton B.C....still have family all through beautiful B.C....
Didnt you read the warning on the front page.....this site is highly addicted.....Have you seen the sister site ?... The easy garden...bottom of this page?.....Have fun !

Last edited:
Hey all you BC people. I was born in Langley but now reside in awesome Princeton. Ilovebluesky, you should try to attend the Nationals in Abbotsford this weekend. I can't make is but it should be a awesome show and you will be able to see all sort of breeds and meet breeders too.

Back
Top Bottom