Canadians check in here....

Thanks, it might be a few years in the process. I won't move unless my horse can go too and that's going to be a rough trip for her. I'm keeping my flock small with only 4 chickens and 3 main pheasants. Just so they can go to. Sadly miss Galaxy the cow will not be able to make the trip at her age but will retire at my dads place.

Can't wait till wer up there though!

I hear ya, we are currently in Alberta, but planning on leaving here within the next 5 Years or so. We also wanna take our little livestock with us and are looking for a little Hobby Farm or Land to build on. Until than we collect experience in Homesteading as far as possible and than we know what we need and how we gonna create it. But also for us there are a few things to take care of first.

Wow, why the interest in living in PEI? I've lived here all my life. Grew up on a small mixed farm and raised my family on a small farm just 5 miles from where I grew up. My husband and son have been working for the past 7-10 years in Alberta. Hubby is now semi retired, but still doing long haul trucking.

PEI is pleasant, but not prosperous, so I am a bit surprised to hear that two of you would like to move here. Maybe you have roots here?

Welcome to BYC, and to PEI!

the girlfriend and i plan on doing much the same. buying land in PEI or somewhere out east the moment we're stable enough to retire.

east coast is so nice
and my family is from Gaspée

big_smile.png
Way to go, who else wanna retire on PEI or somewhere East, we could build a chicken and Homestead community out there (just kidding!)

We do not have any relatives there, actually not at all in Canada, but we are looking for something to retire and a place to let everything go a little easier.

We do have friends so in NB, but that's about it.

:D   Way to go, who else wanna retire on PEI or somewhere East, we could build a chicken and Homestead community out there  (just kidding!)

We do not have any relatives there, actually not at all in Canada, but we are looking for something to retire and a place to let everything go a little easier. 

We do have friends so in NB, but that's about it.

Yeah let's ALL go! We'll have a sort of Saltspring Island on the other side of the country!

Yes, PEI is a lovely place to live. Not as fast paced as some parts of Canada. Welcome to you and your chickens!

This year, 2014, will be a good time to vacation on PEI. We are celebrating and there are lots of extra events being held.

PEI Chicken

Yes our own Island, that sounds good
big_smile.png
why just looking for a piece of land? Lets go with a full Island!! LOL

PEI CHICKEN:
I would love to come, we already thought about it, lets see how the summer works out, maybe we can find someone to look after our critters and take of for a bit. Maybe in October.
Would be a good Idea to see where we plan to go, I mean when we came to Canada I never had been here before, my hubby did, but not me. So this time we thought we check out the place first before we move
wink.png

welcome-byc.gif
Lotsajoy!

Back
Top Bottom