Canadians check in here....

Hi there... I'm on Vancouver Island in Black Creek, and also just joined BYC.

I have 3 Rhode Island Reds and 3 Barred Rock chicks that are a week old, in a brooder in my basement! My husband is just finishing off the coop he is building for the girls and I can't wait to get them into their new home.
frow.gif

I got my chicks from the local Farm & Feed down the road... it was fun to go and get them and meet a few of the other locals picking up their chicks too, including a farmer I know who was getting a lot of baby turkeys too!

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
New to the site, I'm in Truro Nova Scotia, moved here 6 years ago from Scotland. Just about to purchase some chickens but getting to know which ones are brave enough to face NS winters in our barn.

Hi and welcome to all the new Canadian peeps! Nice to have you here!
I am new to chickens...just got my first chicks two and a half weeks ago. Amazing how fast they grow! If anyone is looking for a welsummer cockerel, I have one for you! I got three wellies and two are little boys. Cross him on a blue egg layer and get an olive egger!! Wish I could keep them both bit it won't be possible. I was supposed to get eight speckled sussex and four welsummers, but ended up with one spangled hamburg, seven speckled sussex and one unidentified runt! Possibly a bantam leghorn? He's less than half the size of the others! Super cute but tiny! I guess the moral of the story is that you should check the box for contents when the breeder hands it to you!

Back
Top Bottom