Canadians check in here....

I used to get them from the feed store but I'm not always happy with the stock. I've had success with Diane's chicken paradise? east of Ottawa. Nice variety of heritage breeds. This spring I'm going to Performance in Carrying Place for some.

Oh! Thanks for mentioning Denise Chicken Paradise - she didn't come up in any of the searches I did for breeders in the area. My mom really wants silkies :) I have had a hard time finding breeders to be honest. My fiancé and I are VERY ethically conscious and most of the places just are doing it right by my standards. And to make it more difficult the breeds I am interested in are not the easiest to find in Ontario. I am hopefully going to go visit Skara Brae Farms this weekend - she is a hobbyist though so she does not respond fast but apparently she has very healthy and well-treated stock.

Denise Chicken Paradise is actually very close to us. So I think we will go check it out :)

Hello From Summerland BC! I just got into chickens this year and am searching for a good place to order chicks next spring. Any good recommendations? Also has anyone been able to get Serama here? I desperately want some!!!

Good morning I am from Eganville Ontario,

Where could we find some,

Buff Brahma, Polish and Chantecler hens near our area (in the Spring)? My husband bought some Polish hens in the spring and after three days some vultures got them...he was so sad and our grand children too...

Still having problems with my Tom Turkey...

Try Denise's Chicken Paradise east of Ottawa or Performance Chickens in Carrying Place for the breeds you are looking for. What's wrong with you tom?

My two Tom Turkeys had decreased their feed consumption, they appeared sick and sleepy. The one stayed by itself and had yellow droppings, ruffled feathers with dropping trails. We treated them with meds for Blackhead Disease (one received the meds for three days and the other one was on preventative mode). They got better in no time and looked good for about 5 days. The second one started to stay by itself and had yellow droppings again on day 6...so I got him back on meds, feeding system and made sure he drank lots of water. Now he looks much better but he is having a hard time standing on both is legs. Today he is not as bad as he was but still that one leg is bothering him. My turkey were born in July this year and it as been a battle to keep them from the start as the mother died on the nest after 27 days (found the eggs a day after she died)... I intend to keep him on the meds for about an other three days and the others are getting meds in their water. We have 38 chickens...that is when it all started (one week after having them with all birds for a week). I don't know what to do next...

Hello from Cape Breton, ns, interested in appenzeller spitzhaubens and some other good egg laying breed that's good with the apps and small kids...

Back
Top Bottom