Canadians check in here....

Awesome! Should be an amazing day!

Welcome to BYC! I hope that you find it as great a place as I do.

What birds, if any do you have?

I'm still working on convincing the wife to let me get chickens. ;) She worked a summer job once next to a chicken farm and still has PTSD from the smell. I keep trying to tell her my well-managed 3-4 birds won't be the same thing as an industrial chicken farm.

I've got everything else planned, including a good winter home for them under the deck, next to the mechanical room for warmth.

Just curious has anyone found a reliable heated waterer? I have 2 styles the one with nipples freezes in the mildest temperatures the open trough style has been reliable all winter until today it froze over but for some reason the nipple one wasn’t frozen... ugh I don’t understand lol
I love my bucket / bird bath heater. Never stopped working.

Just curious has anyone found a reliable heated waterer? I have 2 styles the one with nipples freezes in the mildest temperatures the open trough style has been reliable all winter until today it froze over but for some reason the nipple one wasn’t frozen... ugh I don’t understand lol
This is the one I have. Water never freezes in a bucket outside.

Attachments

• De-Icer+Bird+Bath+Heater.jpg
    De-Icer+Bird+Bath+Heater.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 3
Hi fellow canadians!
I'm in south eastern Ontario, any recommendations on breeds that handle our crazy weather well? Also any tips on weather proofing the coop would be very appreciated!!!
TIA
x
I'm Ontario, I wouldn't really think it would matter much but I have never lived there. Here east of Calgary, I have had Speckled Sussex, Silkie, Rhode island red, Cochins, Hamburg, GLW, SLW, Barred Rock, Appenzeller, Amerucana, BC Marans. I plan to get this year Danish brown Leghorn, light Sussex, Bantam dark Brahma, another Marans and not sure what else. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom