Canadians- where do you get your hatching eggs or chicks?

clairabean

Songster
9 Years
Nov 7, 2010
Kootenays of BC!
I am in BC and I am so jealous of our Southern neighbours being able to buy eggs on EBay!

Where do you get your hatching eggs or chicks from?
Any Canadian swaps?
hmm.png

And what irks me, I live 15 minutes from Canadian/US border. I can get mail/packages delivered to the US side and go and get it and bring it home. But not eggs.

What are you looking for specifically? I am in Quebec and will be shipping eggs starting in a couple months. I have Blue black and splash Ameraucanas, Barnevelders, BLRW, true Araucanas, Buff orps and in the summer lav orps. Good luck in your search. Let me know specifically what you are looking for and maybe I can direct you somewhere.
smile.png

Great Thread I was just wondering the same thing this morning .... I am thinking of either building an incubator or waiting to get a Brinsea, but it wasn't until recently that I thought it would be nice to hatch my own. I have no roo so I would need fertilized eggs from somewhere :) so I will be watching this thread. thanks for Posting Claira.

Ema

I had a person come to the US and buy eggs from me (she's from nova scotia), she said she can bring back 2 doz across the border (that's what customs said)
I don't think she told them they were hatching eggs though.

Look up Poultry Swap Ontario. As well as chickens ect... for sale, there is a category for hatching eggs.

Quote:
For personal use, as in you are not going to sell the chicks later on, that is fine. But if you are going to be bringing in a new breed or colour variety I would take great care to do it the legal way. The fines are ginormous if you are caught with birds from the U.S that you did not import legally. Not worth it, IMO!

Back
Top Bottom