Candid game cam pix: and the life of my chickens

Tala

Flock Mistress
10 Years
Apr 14, 2009
Benton (Saline County) AR
Putting up a game camera and setting it to take 3 shot sequences is like watching chicken TV in stop motion

Anyway I saved a few of the best shots
smile.png

they're just doing what they do when I'm not around lol it's like sneaking a peak into their secret world

HUNT0024-1.JPG

HUNT0018.JPG

HUNT0059.JPG

HUNT0154.JPG

HUNT0166.JPG

HUNT0151.JPG

HUNT0097.JPG

HUNT0098.JPG

HUNT0240.JPG

HUNT0013.JPG

HUNT0121.JPG

HUNT0241.JPG

Last edited:
I just love that speckled fella! Looks like you caught a couple of people wandering around!

Quote:
That's my last remaining Dominique from a trio that I bought at a swap meet. I ended up with 2 cockerels, and one of them was running the pullets SO bad by 12weeks that it was off with his head, and my little pullet just up and died on me one afternoon I think maybe heatstroke although absolutely nothing came back on the necropsy, so this guy is left. I like him a lot too. He's a good roo, nice to be around and nice to the girls. He's low on the pecking order too.
That would be me and hubbs, when I come to get the camera to bring home to read on my computer.

Quote:
The black and red one? I bet you mean my Black Copper Marans. He's handsome and really loves the ladies!
I'm on the fence about keeping him to pair with some hens I have. They all have pretty good coloring but his tail set isn't right, and they don't lay just the best eggs either...BUT at the same time I don't have anything better to breed to them.

Quote:
It's a Bushnell with IR flash, costs about $150 at WalMart and I've been VERY happy with it

That rooster is a camera hog!! Seems to me he knows his picture is being taken. What a beautiful rooster!!
smile.png

Rammy

Back
Top Bottom