Ch1ck3n5

In the Brooder
Feb 15, 2018
So I know I’m suppose to wait till around day 7 to candle, however I had one egg that I had handled quite a bit so I figured since it seemed to be the lightest color (light blue) I’d try candling it. Does it look like there’s anything there? Or is it too early to tell? Thanks!

Attachments

• 661ACD23-C658-4D75-BDF4-508D6A278D53.jpeg
    661ACD23-C658-4D75-BDF4-508D6A278D53.jpeg
    229 KB · Views: 217
So I know I’m suppose to wait till around day 7 to candle, however I had one egg that I had handled quite a bit so I figured since it seemed to be the lightest color (light blue) I’d try candling it. Does it look like there’s anything there? Or is it too early to tell? Thanks!

It will be too early to tell at this stage, but very soon I promise! Here's a great website to follow along with:
https://www.raising-happy-chickens.com/incubation-day-1.html
What a relief! I did the same thing and got scared out of my wits!

By day 3 your should see blood vessels and spider viens. But it takes an experienced eye to notice.

I store my eggs so that they don't begin development until the hen takes to her nest and until I set them I turn them religiously 3 times a day. I don't candle before day 10 and then if I am using an incubator again at day 18. But I do candle when incubation begins just to be sure to weed out any cracked eggs.

yep still too early. I'm on day 5 and I can barely see the veins on my light brown eggs some are easy but the darker ones are hard. Blue shells are harder to see through, so give them some more time. :D

So I decided to take the one egg I’ve been candling thus whole time and today on day 5 this is what I see! I’m pretty sure those are veins! Also thank you everyone for the replies, I don’t plan on candling the others till later on cause I don’t want to risk dropping them or hurt their development!

So I decided to take the one egg I’ve been candling thus whole time and today on day 5 this is what I see! I’m pretty sure those are veins! Also thank you everyone for the replies, I don’t plan on candling the others till later on cause I don’t want to risk dropping them or hurt their development!

Here is the egg on day 5! Forgot to attach!

Attachments

• 1FCB3AA1-0724-434D-A5EC-6C861966E5F2.jpeg
    1FCB3AA1-0724-434D-A5EC-6C861966E5F2.jpeg
    237.8 KB · Views: 168

Back
Top Bottom