candling duck eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by thatduckguyy, Aug 10, 2011.

1. thatduckguyy

thatduckguyy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    it is day 23 2 days to lockdown for my duck eggs. I candled them yesterday and saw movement but now I dont see any movement.. is this normal?

2. thatduckguyy

Jul 25, 2011
    anyone? [​IMG]

3. kellyatric

kellyatric Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2011
    England
    I must admit, I haven't seen much movement from that time either but hopefully that can be normal. Hope you get some better advice. Im on day 28 and hoping for the hatch now but still no movement

4. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Usually you need to be in a room (closet) with no light at all to see as they fill the egg up. At lockdown I check eggs to make sure they are still ok, usually can see the membrane pushing into the air cell at this time. Sometimes will see an internal pip as well. Lock em down and then wait it out.

Shellie

5. crazypetlady

crazypetlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes normal sometimes you don't see much movement ans sometimes the little buggers are dancing up a storm.

6. thatduckguyy

Jul 25, 2011
    thanks for all the replies. I candled them to double check and I saw some movement! Can't wait [​IMG]

7. skillswife

skillswife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    This late in the game movement can be much more difficult to see because they are so cramped in the egg.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by