Candling eggs

Team01

Chirping
Mar 8, 2023
I'm getting ready to candle the eggs in the incubator. The light I have does not work very well on the quail eggs. Looking for a good light to candle the eggs

I have a 750 lumen flashlight that I bought to candle the eggs. It works, but the Incubrite works better.
That's because the IncuBright uses a CREE LED, they are the best of the LED's ...I've tried to find out how many lumens it has but so far, no one will give me an answer and I'm not buying a photometer just to check for lumen strength! :D

Finally got an answer from IW about the IncuBright candler. It has 250 lumens!! That isn't very strong but I guess the difference is it's a CREE LED!
its also the shape and angle of the bulb socket that makes a lot of the value. they understand its about getting some light into the egg without light escaping around it. only a small beam needs to actually enter the egg. using a 1200 lumen flashlight that isnt built to candle is basically just brute forcing the situation. CREE LED def do a lot of heavy lifting. just wanted to point out their design goes a long way too

Back
Top Bottom