candling

JenBoughtHens

Songster
5 Years
Mar 7, 2014
Mississippi

When compared to the other pictures I would obviously say yes most likely clear, however I wouldn't toss it yet, put it back in until day 10 or 14 and candle again, if you have the same result by then it will be ok to toss it.

One bit of advice I would give is don't over do the candling, some people just can't resist and are in there daily, I don't like to bother the eggs that much, in fact I only ever have brown or green eggs anyways so I cannot see anything in the early stages like you have here so I skip all candling until day 10, by then you can easily see the embryo and it swimming about in the egg. The only reason I would candle earlier than day 10 is if I was concerned my air cells weren't developing properly

I agree. I do a 4-5 day then a 10 day. And maybe a final at lock down. I have mostly brown, and some purpleish eggs (Seriously) and seeing anything definite other than veining is not 100% for me because I use LED light, bright but not perfect. Additionally I normally wait til day 22 before I start thinking about eggtopsy or tossing bad eggs. A lot of mistakes made (Even just recently) because my judgement was bad. Letting natural do its thing. Clean up after (If you need to.)

The veins are what I have a hard time seeing that's why I wait until day 10 by then the embryo is quite large and fairly easy to see. I have the most trouble with the green EE eggs, those things are terrible for seeing into, and I use a 1 million candle power spotlight with a cardboard cone I made to fit it

I have six blue-green EE eggs and agree they are hard to see into. One of them looks a lot darker inside but I think I see some veins. I wont toss anything, just trying to get a count of how many are looking good. Out of 18 eggs, at least 13 or 14 seem to be developing! - there I go counting 'em before they hatch :)

I had a "clear" on day 5 that I markef with an x.... I am now on day 18 and my little "x" has grown into a chick :) I did not toss my clears until I candled again on day 10. Goodluck!

Back
Top Bottom