Canker?

Does her beak stink? A bad odor is usually described by others who have treated canker. Can you order metronidazole for pigeons, from one of the suppliers online? Ronitazole is another medicine that treats canker.

Do any of your birds have scabs on faces, combs, or wattles or signs of fowl pox?

If it's canker they can get it from sharing water and food dishes.

She was separated as soon as I noticed the growth inside. I just thought it was an injury at first so I left her out. But I guess it was contagious even before then? So it’s just maintenance from now? Stress or something will cause it to breakout in another chicken and just copper sulfate water 3 days once a month from now on?

Does her beak stink? A bad odor is usually described by others who have treated canker. Can you order metronidazole for pigeons, from one of the suppliers online? Ronitazole is another medicine that treats canker.

Do any of your birds have scabs on faces, combs, or wattles or signs of fowl pox?

No scabs at all from what I can see. She definitely doesn’t. It does smell. I can order API general cure which I’ve read has metronidazole in it but it’ll take a week or more to get here and costs $60 by time it’s shipped. No pet stores carry it and when I called they told me I had to get it from a vet. Well a vet won’t give it to me without a visit there with the chicken for an exam. She’s been eating but her crop doesn’t feel full like it normally does after she eats. Unless she’s just picking it up and it falls out of her mouth. There’s food on the ground of where she is. I have her some unsweetened apple sauce which I’m pretty sure she ate some of.

Back
Top Bottom