Canning and Home preserving

Our Mendards sells out right away on their canning stuff. When I worked there, I met a couple of older gentlemen who shopped Menards for all of their grocery shopping, lol. One guy walked there from his house 2 times a week to grocery shop. The funny thing is that 1/2 a block down the road is a huge grocery store that is employee owned and has some of the best prices in the area.

Our Mendards sells out right away on their canning stuff. When I worked there, I met a couple of older gentlemen who shopped Menards for all of their grocery shopping, lol. One guy walked there from his house 2 times a week to grocery shop. The funny thing is that 1/2 a block down the road is a huge grocery store that is employee owned and has some of the best prices in the area.
No offense but I wonder if some of those old folks are senile. I was looking at the top of the jar shelf to see if maybe thet had some on top and a little old woman came up beside me and whispered "sometimes I wish there was a button that made our carts disappear" I realize she was making a comment about the narrow aisles but the fact that she whispered and then continued to talk after she walked away...it kinda creeped me out. Like that scene in the trailer for IT 2

No, I don't think they were senile. They seemed like very nice gentlemen that were just being - well lazy is not quite the word I was looking for, but it will do.
One told me that he likes that Menards carries such a variety of food items and that his dead wife would get a kick out of him grocery shopping at his favorite Home Improvement store, lol. "She always said I shopped here too much" he told me.
I have met plenty of senile people in various stores, these guys were just sorta getting a kick out of food shopping at the place they buy their lumber, nails and toilets. The Jacks frozen pizzas are the best price at Menards. No-where else even comes close, but I think Menards gets a special-made pizza with less toppings.

ahhhh I make our pizza best for miles sorry old folks we get our checks about the same time so moved money to pay bills this old lady has also talked to younger folks in Iles never was said creepy

Someday you to might be OLD, and maybe even SENILE, heaven forbid, and might even be able to creep some sweet young thing out at a store.
Sorry but I was offended a bit...
Mary
Sorry. As I have said it was not my intention. I actually used to work with the elderly. I helped people with Alzheimer's and dementia. Never had one creep me out before though so this was a first. I even had one gentleman who used to call me his "sweet little birdy" and purposely walk slowly so he would end up behind me. Then he'd sing a song about "pretty little birdies". I thought it was sweet...a little gross in knowing what he was doing but sweet nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom