Canning and Home preserving

Pics
One of my funniest stories were a bunch of geeks hanging out on the hotel patio, with adult beverages trying to figure out the best, most efficient and safest way to do stock and bone broth. I ended up with a 160 quart stock pot, 150,000 BTU burner and two American Standard pressure canners that each do 14 quarts and a two burner propane stove.

Boy what a haul... You could put a whole deer carcass in that stock pot.... LOL. Those American Canners are big bucks as well.

deb

After reading through all these posts, I resolved to put my fear aside and try pressure canning. On Amazon they had an American pressure canner for 239.00 and a Presto pressure canner for 60.00. Does anyone know why the big price difference? Would one canner do something different than the other?
All American has so many locks, you don’t have to worry. It also is built strong enough to be passed down to your children and grandchildren.

I am one that when I shop for those things usually do not buy cheap but middle ground Presto is a name that has always been there with canning since I was child and 60 now but welcome to our canning thread
Thank you for responding. Have both units in the cart on amazon, but wasn't sure which one to buy. Hate to throw almost 200 away if both units do the same thing. And I'm sure this is a really stupid question, but I've never done anything but water bath canning. Do all units do the same exact thing?

Back
Top Bottom