canning eggs

caspernc

Songster
9 Years
Oct 15, 2010
Z town NC
Do you HAVE to pickle eggs to can them?? I really do not like pickled things altho I'm in the south. Can you just can eggs or is there too much sulfer in them? Is there sulfer in them? New to canning. If you could send a great web site to buy a great pressure coker I would apprieate that also.

but it is SO hudge! I have put canning eggs on the search and canning eggs without pickling and all the such! all I get is canning picked eggs!!!!! HElP

This is a link I found. http://kuntzfamily.com/recipes/pickled_eggs.shtml
I am going to try it but using this recipe
Back to Hot Pickled Quail Eggs
Printable Area

Hot Pickled Quail Eggs
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2001
Prep Time:20 minInactive Prep Time:2 minCook Time:40 min
Level:
Intermediate
Serves:
2 pints
Ingredients
4 dozen quail eggs
3 cups white vinegar
4 teaspoons salt
3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
6 garlic cloves
12 peppercorns
10 whole allspice
2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
4 whole cloves
2 bay leaves
2 fresh hot peppers
Directions
Place eggs in a saucepan and add enough water just to cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and transfer to cold water. When eggs are cool enough to handle, peel them and transfer to sterilized canning jars.
Meanwhile, in an enameled saucepan bring remaining ingredients to a boil. Remove from heat and allow to steep for at least 2 hours. Pour over eggs and wipe rim of jars clean with a damp towel. Place lids on the jars and screw on band tops. Process jars in a hot water bath for 10 minutes. Remove from the hot water and set aside to cool. Jars should seal as they cool. Any jars that do not seal properly should be refrigerated and consumed within 2 weeks.
Allow properly sealed jars to sit at least 2 weeks before eating.
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network G.P.

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/cda...PRINT-FULL-PAGE-FORMATTER,00.html?oc=linkback

I also do not like pickled eggs but I LOVE THIS RECIPE!!!
It tastes great. I have quail and I have done it with quail eggs. This time I am going to use regular eggs and can them.

I pickle my eggs they do have a lot of sulfur in the yoke. But there are ways to do it and canning them, I use bing for my search on them (eggs)
Good luck

I have never heard of anyone just straight up canning eggs; it's always pickled eggs to lower the pH to prevent spoiling.
I have read about dehydrating eggs, freezing eggs and oiling eggs for longterm storage.

Interesting idea - but I think they would turn out too rubbery to be good for eating.

You can store eggs by putting them raw, in the shell in a jar and filling it with water glass. They will keep for a year or more. Be very careful not to make a crack in the shell.

Back
Top Bottom