Can't figure These Out! *UPDATE*

Having spent the last 6 months researching EE's and having 26 of my own, I am 99.9% sure the second pic is an EE and because of the coloring, is also a roo. Honestly every EE I have come across that is white and black like that turns out to be a roo.

Also when I got my EE's as chicks there were a few that did not have muffs as chicks and the beards came in as they grew.

I will post more pics as they get older. Either way, I got the surprise batch because of curiosity and he/she looks like they will grow up interestingly, I haven't seen that coloring or without the tuffy muffy thing. If anyone is curious I will post more pics as they feather out, if you guys want to watch him grow with me.

UPDATED PICS

1. The brown chick (EE?) all of his brown fluffy feathers turned white, except for black striping on his wings and heckle feathers (i think that is what they are called). I didn't know brown could turn to white, how exciting!

43752_dsc00849.jpg

You can see his profile on his face and belly feathers, I think he is beautiful! if it is a he

43752_dsc00848.jpg

2. the redish bird that may be a RIR

43752_dsc00857.jpg

wings

43752_dsc00858.jpg

3. Another bird I thought was the same as #2, but once the feathers started comingin they look different? also, the #2 was just a redish colored chick, this one was sort of redish chipmunk looking, you can still see some of the coloring on the head shot.

43752_dsc00853.jpg

43752_dsc00854.jpg

I am sticking with the first one being your black and white EE cockerel.
The second chick is a pullet, I think, she lacks the wattles and comb you would probably start seeing with a cockerel. As for the breed, still unsure, she has reddened up more since the first pics, but the barring in the feathers makes me wonder. She also has that eye stripe like a chipmunk. Have you looked for pictures of other chicks that age on feathersite or anywhere else that might give you a hint? Is it possible you have an EE without the muffs and willow legs. There is definitely no standard for them, so you could end up with just about any coloration. I would say look at RIR chicks too at that age, I have seen some that don't really look like RIR because of additional coloring when they are young and then it grows out of them and they end up being gorgeous birds. Look over the hatchery's listing and sort through their breeds to narrow it down.
Good luck and keep posting as they grow and somehow the answer will find you.

the last two chicks have yellow legs. #2 didn't have the chipmunk look, but had a red dot behind the ears?
none have grown tuffs yet. I do think the EE is a boy, he acts very fearless and is is too cute running around the coop while the big birds are roaming. He excites me, can't wait to see what he looks like all grown up.
#2 started to develop black along the tail feathers, I think RIr have this too? #3 I just dontknow what to call it.

The only things they advertised being in stock in Dec were:
Australop
EE
RIR

But I know that wasn't all they had bc I got some of the Ideal 236 along with, so who knows that else they had in stock.
I can't tell by looking at the cartoon looking pics to compare them to.
To me the feathersite chicks mostly are day olds, which I am new to this and most all look the same to me.
sad.png

What comb does the 3rd chick have? I looked for a long time and I could of sworn it was a EE but it looks to have a SC? and the 1st EE is a cockeral, and the RIR looks to be a pullet.

I don't think #3 is EE at all, single comb yellow legs.
I think #2 is RIr since the tail is starting to show some black in it.

Back
Top Bottom