Can't figure These Out! *UPDATE*

Orphy

Songster
10 Years
Oct 30, 2009
Magnolia, TX
I got a shipment of Dec. Surprize from Ideal, I am able to figure most of them out, but these two are giving me some trouble! I looked at the feather sit to try and see if I could tell what they are, but no luck.

So I figured I would give you guys a try! I can try to get better pics if you need to see feathering better. These were hatched Dec 19-ish.

#1 Single comb
43752_dsc00832.jpg

43752_dsc00833.jpg

43752_dsc00834.jpg

#2 Pea comb, I think
43752_dsc00836.jpg

43752_dsc00839.jpg

Last edited:
The banding on the feathers in not something you will see on a RIR, I would say more likely something like a Single Comb Brown Leghorn? Don't hold me to it. the second one, with the willow colored legs, I would guess an EE and I wouldn't even venture a guess to gender yet, way too young to tell.

Sometimes RIR will have the pattern when they're little. I hatched out some chicks from hatchery reds, and a few were like that. It goes away. I agree with the second- Ideal likes to use EE roos as packing peanuts.

I thought the first was RIR at first, but the banding did throw me off. the second one doesn't have the muffs though to be EE. The pic might not have been that clear.

Back
Top Bottom