Can't Find APENZELLER SPITZHAUBEN'S!!!!!

BrazellDazell

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 20, 2011
Genoa
I have searched far and wide for some Appenzuller Spitzhauben's I'm really wanting this breed. Can anyone point me in the right direction I've been all over the internet, no luck! Some of the sites list them but they are Sold Out or not available! Help!
hu.gif

Last edited:
Maybe try searching for appenzeller spitzhaubens... might be easier to find them.

My Pet Chicken has them. If you are averse to hatchery birds (I'm not, I happen to love hatchery birds), I think there's a thread in the Breeds & Genetics section for appenzellers.

Last edited:
OOOPs! i actually have been searching them with the correct spelling LOL! just a mistake on here! i tried MPC but they are out of stock.
sad.png
I found the thread Thank You for you help

Last edited:
Yep, MPC has them, and Cackle has them, but they're all out of stock right now. This time of year, a lot of the hatcheries are out of stock for the year on several breeds. Purely Poultry also carries them, and I would check with Ideal, too (I like Ideal and MPC the most, but I hear good things about Purely Poultry and may order from them next spring).

Along that line, I would seriously recommend signing up on the hatcheries' websites to be notified when the breed you are looking for becomes available. I did that a few months ago while looking for white faced black Spanish, and ALL the hatcheries said they were sold out until 2012 or at least until later this fall. Then, I got a phone call from Ideal in June. The gentleman on the phone told me my name was next on the waiting list, and they just hatched out a bunch that day and how many did I want (I had them send me all of them hehehe). It pays to get on the waiting list because I had really thought I wouldn't be able to get my WFBS until next year... but I have them here, and now they're a month old and doing great!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom