Can't Watch Your Friends' Kids For Free In Michigan

pips&peeps :

Quote:
After they get this healthcare stuff done, it's the next item on the list. Two pieces for #1 and four pieces for #2.

If you have to use more than four pieces you will have to fill out a special permit and get it signed in triplicate before it is allowed................
lau.gif
gig.gif
ya.gif
tongue2.gif

ep.gif
NO!!! Not the TP!!!
lau.gif

It's probably the wrong thing to do, but I would have thrown that DPS woman out on her behind. Especially if I hadn't had my coffee yet.

My words would have been something along the lines of....
idunno.gif
arrest me then. I'm not doing anything wrong. It will probably be thrown out of court anyway.
tongue.gif

The response around here has been pretty much the same from most people, and I even heard one of the news anchors say it was ridiculous.

Bluemoon

I wonder if she could go to the kids houses maybe rotate whose house she goes too!
This is crazy, what are they going to tell me next that my mother can't watch my kids? What about babysitting? Is that not aloud in that state? How confusing! Babysitting- watching someones kids for a few hrs.Get paid or pay it forward.
I've done it for my neighbor I watch her son , and then he get's on the bus at my house if she works early? WTH!!! She would do the same if I needed her to! How can they consider that an organized day care?

It's way the law is worded. It will end up being changed soon. Personally, I would rather have my child safe at a neighbors house waiting for the bus, then waiting on a street corner for some stranger to come up and bother them.

Bluemoon

i saw this yesterday too. Crazy! but it would be ok if you are related to the children the law says, and its only michigan. the comments ppl were leaving someone suggested maybe it was a neighbor who ran a daycare and wanted more kids to make more money. i am Very glad they are fixing that law. i cant imagine how it could be considered daycare since she is not getting paid! what kills me is this isnt something common sense would tell you is a law, i mean someone had to KNOW that you couldnt have more than 5 kids at your home ever without their parents being home. At least this lady decided to try and do something instead of just rolling over and obeying.

Absolutely ridiculous! With all the things in the world, THIS is what they want to spend time and resources on!
rant.gif
tongue.gif

You aren't kidding about the troublemaker neighbor, it was on the Today show this morning. And, you could tell the caregiver was a nice person, and just doing a nice thing for her friends. Neighbor has wayyyyyyyy too much time on her hands, if she turned in a good person like this.

Another incident not related to this happened in Missouri about 3 weeks ago, when a citizen had to wait in traffic while they took a soldier and laid him to rest. She went to the sheriff and complained, and even tho' he didn't give out her name, and refused too, because he knew what a backlash was coming, people found out and she got SO much hate mail it was scary. What is our world coming too?

nosy busybodies are the bane of my existence. Granted I don't have any anymore, but that is my #1 pet peeve. I am glad that Jenny G is getting involved personally in this case, and an exemption will be given.

Now being a sahd, i do get annoyed when the kids down the road tear up the still and quiet with their dirt bikes and 4 wheelers ripping up and down the road at 50 miles an hour. I don't complain though, I know that at that age I would have done the exact same thing. I think the busybody that reported this is probably a very sad individual with nothing else to rail against and is a hypocrite at heart.

wow.. I am a mom of 5.. does this mean I need to get a day care license?

Just another reason for people to be stupid. Let alone anyone would even make this an issue.. Alls I can think is the neighbor or whoever complained to the school is mad cuz they arent getting day care money for these kids.

What about the carpool kids? People have been this for years also.. is that illegal... People need to find some hobbies.. or learn how to like themselves.. only unhappy people look for ways to make everyone unhappy and cause these problems.

NOW, if the kids were home alone 12 hours a day.. I can see an issue.

This is soooooooooo whats wrong with todays america and why people become afraid to do nice things.

Back
Top Bottom