car seats!

Quote:
No, I'm obsessed with car seat safety. When we lived in AK a friend of a friend lost her little daughter in car accident, despite properly strapped in. The little girl went to preschool with my own little girl, and since then car seat safety has become even more important to me. I have my 50 lb 1st grader in a Britax Regent, and my almost three year old in a Britax Marathon. They'll stay in those seats till they get too big.

Dropping my daughter off at school today I noticed wee little ones like preschool age (her school is only pre-k, Kinder, and 1st) in the front seat! Yesterday I saw a high back booster in the passenger seat. I don't know what makes parents think this is OK. I'm thinking about talking to the principal and having a car seat safety week. Maybe we'd bring in a Child Passenger Safety Tech to talk to each class room and have a seat check event.

I have 3 kids 7, 5, & 2 and I ABSOLUTELY hate car seats but you will NEVER see my kids not in one! I refuse to put the car in gear until they are all strapped properly into their car seats......I am so picky about this when my oldest started kindergarten we had to take him to school and he rode the bus home and he was mortified that they didnt wear a seat belt on the bus.....he came home and told his dad moms gonna be mad they dont have seat belts on the bus. My mother will put them in her car and drive around with out their car seats and that infuriates me so I finally told my kids they cant go back to grandmas because grandma wont use there car seats even though she has them. So now when they go they throw huge fits if she tries to put them in the car with out their seats! She calls me and complains about it and I say oh well its the law and they have to be in car seats so get over it!

You are setting a wonderful example for your brother! Hopefully they too will realize how important a car seat is before something drastic has to wake them up.

Quote:
and to add...............Indangering the welfare of a minor! Some cops will call DCF out the the scene and then you will be fighting for your kids. It is totally unexcusable to not put your kids in them. GOOD FOR YOU OP!
clap.gif

It's the law here to have your kids in car seats. They may not pull you over for it, but if you get pulled over and they notice you are not using the required car seats, you will get fined. We have a lot of people who do not use car seats, but they are typically not Americans, or at least their license plates indicate they are not. I can understand why they don't. Everything about driving is different down there.

Quote:
Perhaps they have the air bag disabled, or it might be an old enough car that there is no passenger seat airbag? If not, they need to hear what can and likely WILL happen if the air bag deploys--that would give ANYONE enough nightmares to never again make that mistake.

A car seat safety day and checkup is an excellent idea.

Back
Top Bottom