Care advice for shipped chickens?

diamondsilkies

Songster
Oct 23, 2017
Southern Arizona
Yesterday, I purchased 6 white silkie chicks from Indigo Egg (Bobbi Porto). They are a month old already, and are scheduled to get here sometime tomorrow (according to the tracking number). I am so excited for them to be here! However, I have only had day old chicks from hatcheries shipped to me before, which came with lots of electrolyte packets and specific instructions which I can no longer remember.

My question is, is there anything specific I should do for them once they get here to combat the stress of shipment? I just recently ran out of Nutri Drench. I can get a better deal on it on Amazon, so I ordered some today, but it won't be here until Saturday. Is that okay? Somewhere I have some electrolytes, but it's at least 3 years old.

Any advice would be appreciated! I will definitely share pictures when they get here!

Give them Clean Fresh Water. I think it should be fine. Chick starter feed. You can choose medicated at your option. Prevents Cocci.
Are these vaccinated for Mareks??? I know from reading your posts that it was an issue.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, OF COURSE..:highfive:

Back
Top Bottom