careful what you wish for - broody - she's backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

No........freaking..............way............. Now I'm all alone in the NON broody club. Boo hoo.

I am happy for you though. Give her those eggs, she deserves a shot at being a chicken mommy. She sounds like Dory in Nemo. Tell her to just keep sitting, just keep sitting......

Quote:
hugs.gif
sorry you're all alone.

Quote:
Nah. The one I had sat for 2 days and wandered off. I am however down on my daily egg take, got to go egg hunting tomorrow.

Grit- YEAH!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
bun.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
clap.gif

Way to go girl. And I would not worry about that blind thing. Bear's momma was a deaf german shephard, and took better care of her babies then any dog ever did. Bite first, ask questions later.
smile.png
She will be a great momma. Please post pictures of the boys with the babies, I love my babies crawling all over the Bear

Well, good. I feel better that I'm not alone. I have 27 eggs in my incubator, so that will keep me happy.

Grit......how is it going with Lil Bit? Is she still eager to be a momma?

Quote:
Lil' Bit abandoned her nest this morning in favor of a banana. Something told me she wasn't gonna stick with it.
sad.png
Can I be allowed to rejoin the club now?
hmm.png

Quote:
hugs.gif
sorry you're all alone.

Nope, I'm still here too.
hmm.png
You would think the BA's or the BO would get a clue, but nope, nothing. The only possibilty is my Rouen duck who has taken to burying her eggs in the nest box to hide them from me, but two threads later I still can't get a definitive answer about her chances of going broody. I'm either going to have to go over to the "dark side" and get a few silkies, AND hope Dh doesn't notice or break down and get a bator. I really want to avoid the brooder though so I think it's gonna be the dark side for me if one of those hens doesn't get with the program.

Sounds like your ADD hen is getting into the broody girl vibe, hope she makes it all the way!!

ETA: Ack! I missed that last post. I'm sorry
sad.png
Of course you can come back.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom