Careless Kids

starforever61

Songster
10 Years
Aug 1, 2009
In my American History class, we had to research issues and present them in class. Mine of course, was agribusiness, battery hen farming. I explained the conditions of battery hen farms and how easily salmonella spread in these disgusting, cruel conditions. Do you know how they responded? This may shock you.

"Who cares, they're going to die anyway."

That made me soooooooooo mad. You know how I replied? "Well, you may as well drop out of school, do drugs, and starve yourself- you're going to die anyway."

Why are kids so stupid??!?!?!? I wanna hear your opinions and your stories. So go ahead, knock yourself out. (Sorry, I'm in a terrible mood, I sound pretty mean)

not all battery hens lead a bad dirty life. Certain conditions that if not kept up on and cutting corners makes this less than desirable for most... but I know folks who own chicken houses with battery birds and I wouldn't hesitate to eat any of their product including their birds that make it to two years old. depends on the operation. Food Inc is a movie based with a huge dose of propaganda. Is that what got you interested in this subject?

ummm the ones that live to 2 years old are the ones that pecked the other ones to death...eew.

Pretty much what I'd have said to them too...

I mean really, why bathe, something's gonna kill you. Why eat? Why sleep? Why date?
roll.png

Even folks who aren't all warm and fuzzy about animals should be smart enough to realize that clean pen for animal = clean meat going into YOUR body. Same reason you wash your hands after going to the bathroom before you eat... you don't want THAT in your mouth.

Actually, now that I think about it... heheh... we should make posters showing battery cages that say flat out... Eat Poo And Die... I think that'd get the point across even to the dumbest in the pool. Just the shock value maybe but Salmonella, which is able to kill humans, is in the poo... so... yeah... that works. Might get a few eyes opened... well, once they pop them back into their heads anyways.

lol but can you believe someone would say that? it's insane! it's like, what the point of life? you're gonna die? who cares? hmm can't wait til the next salmonella freak out. the people that buy eggs from me were so relieved to hear it wouldn't happen with me because i don't have 6,000 hens- i have 6. lol
smile.png

Quote:
You have no way of knowing if your chickens or eggs are infected with salmonella or not. Just having a few chickens is not a guarantee they are salmonella free. BTW, that is just one of many things I do not worry about.

Back
Top Bottom