caring for Premature chinese crested Puppies

WOW! That is incredible. I have bred pitties, Blue Ticks and Jack Russells and thankfully have never had a premature litter. We did have a puppy that was half the size of his siblings, vet said he would not live. We bottle fed and a week after he was born, our older female delivered one puppy, she adopted him so he did not have to fight 5 others to eat. He grew and was fine.

That is incredible that you thought to use the incubator like that and luckily it was set up.

Praying all the puppies do well.

Are you positive she wasn't bred early then that? Never heard of pups that early even being born alive, let a lone with a suck reflex. Tube feeding is usually required even 5 days early (in my expierience) If you want her milk to come in leave the pups with her, them trying to nurse will help, also give her a shot of oxytocin, if you haven't already. Looks like you are doing a great job with them, keep up the good work.

My sister had a cat that had premie kittens once, they were all pink w/ only peach fuzz instead of hair, you couldn't tell what color, or if they were patterned. I've still got one! He's 5 or 6 now, and healthy and strong! Good luck, I hope they all pull through for you! Can't wait to see them when they are alittle older.

Hi! Definitely! Mommy and pup pics are necessary.
I hope all are doing well tonight.
smile.png

Lisa

Oh, I love Chinese Cresteds!

I wish I lived closer, I'd volunteer to help feed so you could at least take a nap.

Give everyone an extra smooch for me.

Best wishes!

Back
Top Bottom