CAROLINA CHICKENSTOCK FALL 2012

Okay, now I am starting to sweat the weather details. I will be watching the forecast. Anxiety is my middle name. Surprised?
tongue.png

http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:28092.1.99999

Yes, Amy, those are Emma and Eeyore, a cool pair of Pearl guineas who are raising their own keets and the ones of our other pair.

Last edited:
I just think it is cool that they are on your arm!
clap.gif

Mine never love me, no matter how many meal worms I feed them. However, Pie Bird will come to the bird feeder in the mornings to see if I will bring him some goodies outside but he would never let me hold him. I tortured him enough with love when he was little.

I had thought I would bring keets to the sale but now am down to about 20 for free ranging so I think I will keep what I have got.

Ignore my dirty window!

I just think it is cool that they are on your arm!
clap.gif

Mine never love me, no matter how many meal worms I feed them. However, Pie Bird will come to the bird feeder in the mornings to see if I will bring him some goodies outside but he would never let me hold him. I tortured him enough with love when he was little.

I had thought I would bring keets to the sale but now am down to about 20 for free ranging so I think I will keep what I have got.

Ignore my dirty window!

Pie Bird sounds just as personable as ours, and I love his coloring. I think I just got lucky - Emma taught them. He (small error; we were new to guineas. Emma is a cock and Eeyore is his lady) flew up on my arm, voluntarily, and ate out of my hand. Now he does it when I call him, and he's got the other three adults and most of the dozen keets doing it. They will now tolerate if I pick them up, but they prefer just to be called. -- Emma is just great, anyway. We had a nasty invasion of stinking kudzu beetles this spring, all over the garden. Initially the guineas refused to eat the ones I offered. Then Emma told them the smelly bugs tasted good, and now everyone eats them. They literally stopped the invasion - and they did no damage to the garden. My husband said that Emma is worth his weight in gold.
I wouldn't miss any of our guineas right now, either. But perhaps in the spring or in a year I might bring some keets to trade, just to get new bloodlines.

You are so lucky to have sweet Guineas!
I know I just got some new pieds recently from a friend so I could have new blood, too. I hatched out close to 100 this year in chocolate, lavenders and coral blues and then the pearls laid all over the farm so I set those, as well. I just keep losing girls when they go to nest and a fox or something gets them. I need more than one dog.

Anyone bringing LGD to the Chickenstock to sell? I guess dogs at Chickenstock would not be a good idea but I keep looking for another one to help my girl. She will be 6 her next birthday according to her papers.

I'm bringing a pet quailty pullet from my chocolate cochin project and I have a pet quality lavende cochin roo....plus some fun looking polish/cochin crosses from before I got everyone separated...think feathered feet and top hat feathers;)

I'm interested in the Polish/Cochin cross ! How old? And how much for a hen?

Last edited:
I really like your designs. What do you price each of the sizes at?
Singles are $100, Doubles are $140, also have a drop door double that we use for quail that is $160. We usually donate a single to the raffles. If you are interested in something please let me know so I could have it made and brought to chickenstock for you.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom