CAROLINA CHICKENSTOCK FALL 2012

I won't get there until late, noon at best, because I work in Charleston, SC until 8am. But I have been looking for two or three Dark Brahma hens for over a year now and would raise chicks instead, if necessary. (Along with lots of guinea fowl, we have one 2yrs old Dark Brahma hen, who has bewitched everyone with her wonderful disposition. So we want to help keep the breed going, which means getting a few more quality hens and eventually getting a rooster.)

Gavin and Allison may have some Dark Brahmas available but I haven't heard. He was raising some last year. I tried to raise them but they did not do well for me. I love them even more than the buff Brahmas now but mine just never thrived well. I can see why they are so scarce.

You can PM them on here to see if they will have any. Charleston is quite a drive for you. Bless your heart! Be careful coming up and I hope we get to meet you!

I won't get there until late, noon at best, because I work in Charleston, SC until 8am. But I have been looking for two or three Dark Brahma hens for over a year now and would raise chicks instead, if necessary. (Along with lots of guinea fowl, we have one 2yrs old Dark Brahma hen, who has bewitched everyone with her wonderful disposition. So we want to help keep the breed going, which means getting a few more quality hens and eventually getting a rooster.)

I plan to attend, and if I do I will be bringing some Dark Brahma chicks with me. they'll be about a 3-4 weeks old by then. May have some few day olds too (just put some in the bator the other day) So we'll see. I have sexed them at a day old and have my boys/girls marked, I will be willing to sell trios of the started chicks.

Quote:

droolin.gif

Well I am running really behind this week...I promised pics of my hutch...we were and still build A-Frame coops but I very recently used some "fun wood" and played with making a hutch style...here is the begining of one made with all new treated material...I still have to finish wire and hang doors but the storms got me yesterday and today when I finally had time to work!! These have a removable divider and I even did one enclosed on one end and installed a light for my chicks an outside brooder!! I am loving these so far and they are super sturdy!! I will hopefully hang my doors tomorrow after work/school!!

Dixie I have a big multi purpose hutch like that, 1/3 is enclosed. use it for broody with chicks or just brooding chicks and LOVE it! I need to build me another bigger one to keep my show birds when conditioning them for showing, but have not gotten the chance!
Great looking BTW !

Dixie I have a big multi purpose hutch like that, 1/3 is enclosed. use it for broody with chicks or just brooding chicks and LOVE it! I need to build me another bigger one to keep my show birds when conditioning them for showing, but have not gotten the chance!
Great looking BTW !
Thank you...We did the others from reclaimed wood to try out design and I love having my D'Uccles off ground and the brooder one is awesome...With all the rain here this year I have delt with alot of flood issues and I feel better having my show birds up off the ground now. And we go for quaility...hence 4x4 corners and all 2x6 and 2x4 construction...it has to survive heavy storms coming off the lake here!!

I will be bringing some Bantam Polish chicks. There will be different age groups. This group is the oldest. There are smooth ones and frizzled ones.

They will be 12 weeks old on 9/22.

I also have a Bantam WC Black Polish cockerel who is about 7 months old. He has a bit of copper coloring on his back. He wouldn't stand still to let me get a good picture.

I will have some Silkies and hopefully a few Showgirls. The SGs are blue.

My grandson will have a pair of Seramas and a couple of Serama chicks.

I am looking for some Lavender and Porcelain Silkie pullets/hens, also Bantam Polish.

Back
Top Bottom