CAROLINA CHICKENSTOCK FALL 2012

I just decided to sell my beautiful b/b/s silkies. If they don't sell before, I will be bringing them to the Chickenstock. I have a splash rooster, splash hen, black pullet (just started laying) and blue pullet. The pullets are from Bobbi Porto eggs.

I plan to attend, and if I do I will be bringing some Dark Brahma chicks with me. they'll be about a 3-4 weeks old by then. May have some few day olds too (just put some in the bator the other day) So we'll see. I have sexed them at a day old and have my boys/girls marked, I will be willing to sell trios of the started chicks.

Jessy, a trio of 3-4 weeks old ones sounds great. I will be looking for you, some time after noon (and for you, Amy - thanks for your help!)

I also will bring (if I still have at the time) 3 partridge silkie cockerels. two are very nicely colored boys, darker chests, more properly colored. One is more ginger red (not pictured) they are around 4 months old. the red boy has the best overall type and wings going for him, the darker boys lack in the wing carriage but are gorgeous birds.

Last edited:
[COLOR=800080]Does anyone have any project colored birds/chicks/eggs that they would be willing to sell? I love adding unusual colors to my flock.[/COLOR]

I'm bringing a pet quailty pullet from my chocolate cochin project and I have a pet quality lavende cochin roo....plus some fun looking polish/cochin crosses from before I got everyone separated...think feathered feet and top hat feathers;)

Does anyone have any project colored birds/chicks/eggs that they would be willing to sell? I love adding unusual colors to my flock.

I may have some eggs with me from Wizard's breeding pen. If they are still laying.

Or Dan's pen, if they will put any out. These girls are Wizard daughters from different hens than what is pictured with.

I think any eggs I bring I will have a paper with the parent flock printed out so people can see them. It helps people get an idea of what they are. However, at this time no one is laying that great. I hope they turn it on the week before Chickenstock though, as I would love to donate a dz to the raffle from one of my pens. It may be from my SLW, Marans, EEs or one of my many bantam Cochin or Frizzle pens.

My Frizzle pen has some pretty birds in it right now. This rooster over Frizzle hens in blue partridge, blue and a black carrying the Mille Fleur gene.

Ignore the red one, she is no longer in that pen.

I also have Shazam's pen that I hope is still laying by then. I have added a blue splash and a silver laced to this pen for color and pattern variety.

Sorry I take up so much space showing all I have but if you see it now you will know what you may or may not want when you arrive and see my truck.
I am going to try and update my list of what I am bringing on Friday but I already have someone I promised the Mottled eggs to if those girls lay and a dz EE's. I usually have several breeding pens of the same breed of birds so I can cross breed their kids and am hoping to bring plenty for everyone.

Thank you, I love playing with colors and breeding pens while trying to keep some great type for the breed.
I hope I have plenty of eggs to bring for hatching because I so seldom sell any chicks until they are older and I can place pairs with birds I do not need to keep.

Back
Top Bottom