Carolina Chickenstock Spring 2013

I have sex to color color count now for my jersy giants. (at least I think, I'll have a definite head count when I move them Friday night, so I might have to edit this)
I will be bringing with me:
1 white splash pullet and 3 white splashed cockerel
1 black pullet and 1 black cockerel

And possibly my fully grown white splash rooster.
If anyone would like any of them in particular, then let me know and put your name on it. Or I'll post some pictures of them if you want to see them! They'll all be almost 13 weeks during the chickenstock.

They will be NPIP pullorum/typhoid and AI tested on April 10th so they'll all have wing bands on and certified numbers.

Last edited:
I have sex to color color count now for my jersy giants. (at least I think, I'll have a definite head count when I move them Friday night, so I might have to edit this) 
I will be bringing with me:
1 white splash pullet and 3 white splashed cockerel
1 black pullet and 1 black cockerel 

And possibly my fully grown white splash rooster. 
If anyone would like any of them in particular, then let me know and put your name on it. Or I'll post some pictures of them if you want to see them! They'll all be almost 13 weeks during the chickenstock.

They will be NPIP pullorum/typhoid and AI tested on April 10th so they'll all have wing bands on and certified numbers. 

How much for the two pullets, I am extremely interested, I have a big blue/black boy and have been searching high and low for some girls

How much for the two pullets, I am extremely interested, I have a big blue/black boy and have been searching high and low for some girls
I was thinking around $10 each.

I'll be able to take some pictures of them tomorrow night, when I move them. So if you want some pictures of the pullets, let me know!

Bringing:
9 assorted pullets
2 male/female pairs of unusually colored Silkies
1 Blue Silkie hen
1 male/female pair of Scovies

Possibly bringing:
Serama chicks
Silkie X Serama chicks
Scovy ducklings
Mule ducklings (Scovy X Swede mix)

Seeking:
Geese or goslings
Button quail
Polish
Seramas
Proven Broodies
Unusually colored EEs

I have SO many questions! I am currently building my coop and have not purchased any chickens yet. I have been drooling over websites and catalogs and visiting the chicks at TS but haven't bought pullets yet because:
  1. my coop is not done
  2. I don't want to start with 15-25 chickens (more like 6-10)
  3. I would really like to see where/who my chickens come from rather than get them in the mail.
  4. I am interested in eggs but don't need production layers.

Then I saw the thread for Chickenstock! I got excited because it's only a couple of hours from my house. I have never been to something like this. I have seen several people talking about what they want and making plans to get certain things. What I want to know is:
  1. Do I have to tell people what I want or will there be enough choices there for me to decide once I'm there?
  2. Will most people be selling S/R or will I be able to just get pullets? Since this is my first flock I don't want to have to deal with eating them right now so I don't need any roos.
  3. Will there be a list of vendors posted somewhere so I can decide what supplies/equipment I can purchase there?

I would love to get some Orpingtons (not just buff), Australorps, Wyandottes (any color) just to name a few. I don't need show quality because right now it's just a backyard flock but I want some diversity and some pretty chickens.

Thanks bunches,
E

I have SO many questions!  I am currently building my coop and have not purchased any chickens yet.  I have been drooling over websites and catalogs and visiting the chicks at TS but haven't bought pullets yet because:
  1. my coop is not done
  2. I don't want to start with 15-25 chickens (more like 6-10)
  3. I would really like to see where/who my chickens come from rather than get them in the mail.
  4. I am interested in eggs but don't need production layers.

Then I saw the thread for Chickenstock!  I got excited because it's only a couple of hours from my house.  I have never been to something like this.  I have seen several people talking about what they want and making plans to get certain things.  What I want to know is:
  1. Do I have to tell people what I want or will there be enough choices there for me to decide once I'm there?
  2. Will most people be selling S/R or will I be able to just get pullets?  Since this is my first flock I don't want to have to deal with eating them right now so I don't need any roos.
  3. Will there be a list of vendors posted somewhere so I can decide what supplies/equipment I can purchase there?

I would love to get some Orpingtons (not just buff), Australorps, Wyandottes (any color) just to name a few.  I don't need show quality because right now it's just a backyard flock but I want some diversity and some pretty chickens.  

Thanks bunches,

I can answer the first question. You can certainly put up a list of what you want, just to get an idea of how many people might be bringing those breeds. But also, there are probably twice as many people going to come to Chickenstock that are not on BYC and will not be posting what they have. There is LOTS of variety there and you will definitely be able to pick and choose once you get there.
I think your second question was about straight run.. most of the better, or more reputable, vendors will have them separated and will have different prices for males than females.
Third question: there is no comprehensive list of vendors because like I said, a lot of the people that come are not on BYC. You can ask around though, if you need something specific, to see who might have what you need.
Most of us BYC people will have tags on or signs by our selling areas with our BYC name. That way we don't get confused. I'll be there, most likely with a cow print popup. I've got some pullets and Id be glad to meet some fellow chicken folk. I'm a relative newbie too, just got my first girls a year ago. I'm still learning. We all are.

I can answer the first question. You can certainly put up a list of what you want, just to get an idea of how many people might be bringing those breeds. But also, there are probably twice as many people going to come to Chickenstock that are not on BYC and will not be posting what they have. There is LOTS of variety there and you will definitely be able to pick and choose once you get there.
I think your second question was about straight run.. most of the better, or more reputable, vendors will have them separated and will have different prices for males than females.
Third question: there is no comprehensive list of vendors because like I said, a lot of the people that come are not on BYC. You can ask around though, if you need something specific, to see who might have what you need.
Most of us BYC people will have tags on or signs by our selling areas with our BYC name. That way we don't get confused. I'll be there, most likely with a cow print popup. I've got some pullets and Id be glad to meet some fellow chicken folk. I'm a relative newbie too, just got my first girls a year ago. I'm still learning. We all are.

Thanks for the response. I'm trying to not be overwhelmed by choices available and my decisions. I don't even have chicks yet but already feel obsessed with them. What kind of chickens do you raise?

E

I think I will be bringing a pair of white sultans, these guys are out of good show stock, but are pet quality. They are only 7-8 weeks right now, but looking like a pair. They will be about 4 months old by chicken stock. Let me know if your interested.

Back
Top Bottom