Carolina Chickenstock Spring 2013

My best advice would be to make sure you get your coop completed and predator-proofed before the chickenstock. There are so many great breeds of chickens available, just spend some time looking through the breed threads. I found that of all the chickens I have owned, my favorite for being both a great pet and a great egg layer was my australorp. My orpington stayed a little too broody for me but she was a real sweetheart. Right now I have serama bantams which are great pets and they do lay eggs, but they are very small eggs. I may get some more australorps in the future, but I am limited on space at my new home and so size is a consideration for me. Good luck...I highly recommend coming to Chickenstock so you can see tons of breeds up close. They usually have some nice ones in the raffle too. You can make some great contacts there.

[COLOR=0000CD]Thanks for the response. I'm trying to not be overwhelmed by choices available and my decisions. I don't even have chicks yet but already feel obsessed with them. What kind of chickens do you raise? [/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000CD]E
[/COLOR]
I have a little of everything. Most of mine are bantams. Silkies, Seramas, and my main layers are Rhode island reds and Easter eggers. I have Muscovy ducks and guineas too. You're welcome to PM me if you need advice or just want to talk chicken(; And everybody gets that way, a little obsessive aboutgetting new babies.. they are so much fun.

Hopefully we will be able to come down,we would be bringing our feed sack bags!
Many many styles

I wouls love to have one like the top one. Can you make one ans put my name on it? What is the price on them?
I just seen this,the price is $45.00 for that one,and we will be in nc the end of april not at the swap

Last edited:
So here are some pictures of the babies I'll be bringing.
These pictures aren't that great because the babies were eating and they still aren't that great with me picking them up. They will eat out of my hands and they don't run when I walk up to them, but picking them up...we're still working on that. They follow me around and try to fly after me.
The black pullets are a little more flighty but they're the best looking out of the pullets, they feathered out really nicely.

For sale are 2 white pullets, 3 white cockerels. And 2 black pullets and 1 black cockerel.

The pictures are the groups of them, they're not separated. But they all pretty much look the same, if you can pick one out that you like, I can try to isolate it for you to take a great picture.

Here is the two blacks and two of the whites.

Here are 4 of the whites, the ones with the smooth feathers are pullets and the one thats ruffled is the cockerel.

A white cockerel. Next to it to the left is the black cockerel.

Black pullet

White pullet...I think. There is one that I can't tell sometimes, but I think its a pullet.

Black cockerel

Like I said, if any of you like one in particular let me know and I'll do my best to take better pictures. But most of them look the same, with the whites just having blue/black feathers in different places.

So here are some pictures of the babies I'll be bringing. These pictures aren't that great because the babies were eating and they still aren't that great with me picking them up. They will eat out of my hands and they don't run when I walk up to them, but picking them up...we're still working on that. They follow me around and try to fly after me. The black pullets are a little more flighty but they're the best looking out of the pullets, they feathered out really nicely. For sale are 2 white pullets, 3 white cockerels. And 2 black pullets and 1 black cockerel. The pictures are the groups of them, they're not separated. But they all pretty much look the same, if you can pick one out that you like, I can try to isolate it for you to take a great picture. Here is the two blacks and two of the whites. Here are 4 of the whites, the ones with the smooth feathers are pullets and the one thats ruffled is the cockerel. A white cockerel. Next to it to the left is the black cockerel. Black pullet White pullet...I think. There is one that I can't tell sometimes, but I think its a pullet. Black cockerel Like I said, if any of you like one in particular let me know and I'll do my best to take better pictures. But most of them look the same, with the whites just having blue/black feathers in different places.
I want the two black pullets please :)

Back
Top Bottom