Carolina Chickenstock Spring 2013

Okay, update from me. Hubby has talked me into putting the camper top on my truck and we are bringing a load of stuff. Some to deliver for others and I am bringing a pair of Pekins to sell. Drake was NPIP but has been living here for about 6 months so though he is tagged, it doesn't mean squat.

I will be bringing hatching eggs from my black Cayuga ducks, hopefully a dz.
I plan on bringing Guinea eggs from my lavender breeding pen and maybe a mixed dz of other colors from the other breeding pens.
I may bring eggs from my Silkie/Sizzle pen of a Porcelain Silkie rooster over hens in lavender, buff and Porcelain and also in the pen is a Sizzle and a blue Partridge but I don't think she is laying.
I may bring a dz of the Runner duck eggs, depending on this weeks demands her on the farm.
I am bringing a half dz of the Royal Palm turkey hatching eggs.
There will be a dz of the chocolate pied Muscovy hatching eggs.

And I think for the raffle I will donate 6 eggs from my lovely breeding pens of bantam Mottled Cochins. These birds are top notch! Grant's pen has several of my show birds in it and Rascal's pen produces the daughters that I breed Grant with to produce quality show birds. And Rascal's pen may produce blue Mottled as well as black Mottled.

I am not sure what else I may be bringing so stop by and check out the Chickenstock deals I will have going on. I will have a sign with my farm name on the truck.

Okay, update from me. Hubby has talked me into putting the camper top on my truck and we are bringing a load of stuff. Some to deliver for others and I am bringing a pair of Pekins to sell. Drake was NPIP but has been living here for about 6 months so though he is tagged, it doesn't mean squat.

I will be bringing hatching eggs from my black Cayuga ducks, hopefully a dz.
I plan on bringing Guinea eggs from my lavender breeding pen and maybe a mixed dz of other colors from the other breeding pens.
I may bring eggs from my Silkie/Sizzle pen of a Porcelain Silkie rooster over hens in lavender, buff and Porcelain and also in the pen is a Sizzle and a blue Partridge but I don't think she is laying.
I may bring a dz of the Runner duck eggs, depending on this weeks demands her on the farm.
I am bringing a half dz of the Royal Palm turkey hatching eggs.
There will be a dz of the chocolate pied Muscovy hatching eggs.

And I think for the raffle I will donate 6 eggs from my lovely breeding pens of bantam Mottled Cochins. These birds are top notch! Grant's pen has several of my show birds in it and Rascal's pen produces the daughters that I breed Grant with to produce quality show birds. And Rascal's pen may produce blue Mottled as well as black Mottled.

I am not sure what else I may be bringing so stop by and check out the Chickenstock deals I will have going on. I will have a sign with my farm name on the truck.
I wish they weren't all eggs :-( I would love some baby runner ducks... I don't have an incubator though

I am still hatching them! I sell them almost as fast as they hatch though. Most everyone loves the blues and silvers that come from my breeding pen. Since you live only a few miles from me I am sure we can get you some hatched out and delivered.
wink.png

Just took silkie babies out of the incubators. 94%hatch rate. WOW.. These were the genesis incubators (new). I'm impressed. 74 babies. (20 of which were silkie frizzle/sizzles. I hatched out 42 last week. I will have lots of babies at Chickenstock. I will bring pics of my adult birds so you can see the parents of the babies. Might bring a few of the adults just to show and looks like 3 pair to sale.. I am so excited. Even my husband is excited. We have so much to get ready for Saturday. So many new friends to meet. Can't wait to put faces with names. See you all there.

Just took silkie babies out of the incubators. 94%hatch rate. WOW.. These were the genesis incubators (new). I'm impressed.

Just out of curiosity, what humidity percentages did you aim for before and during lockdown? I tried keeping it dry at around 25-30% until lockdown then bumped to 65%. I'm pretty sure a couple drowned, but it was my first hatch - also in a new Genesis.

Just out of curiosity, what humidity percentages did you aim for before and during lockdown? I tried keeping it dry at around 25-30% until lockdown then bumped to 65%. I'm pretty sure a couple drowned, but it was my first hatch - also in a new Genesis.
I bumped the temp up 1/2 degree and also kept humidity around 45% until lockdown and then It was around 75%. I waited until 2 days before hatch to go into lockdown mode. Some had started piping when I took them out of the turning tray but they still hatched. I am very pleased with the hatch rate on these hatches.

Heres what I'm planning on bringing Saturday.....

Silver- laced Cochin pair
Bantam Black Cochin mix hen
White Call duck drake
Bantam Ameraucana pairs in white and lavender
White Call ducklings
Bantam Silver laced Cochin chicks
Bantam Cochin chicks
Blue wheaten ameraucana chicks
Porcelain D'uccle chicks
Lg fowl buff Cochin chicks
Bantam ameraucana chicks, white and lavender
Green Melanistic pheasant chicks

Hatching eggs:
Melanistic pheasants, Porcelain d'uccles, bantam Silver laced Cochins, bantam ameraucana lav and white, lg fowl blue wheaten ameraucana

Will try and get pictures posted soon, just having trouble with that.

Heres what I'm planning on bringing Saturday.....

Silver- laced Cochin pair
Bantam Black Cochin mix hen
White Call duck drake
Bantam Ameraucana pairs in white and lavender
White Call ducklings
Bantam Silver laced Cochin chicks
Bantam Cochin chicks
Blue wheaten ameraucana chicks
Porcelain D'uccle chicks
Lg fowl buff Cochin chicks
Bantam ameraucana chicks, white and lavender
Green Melanistic pheasant chicks

Hatching eggs:
Melanistic pheasants, Porcelain d'uccles, bantam Silver laced Cochins, bantam ameraucana lav and white, lg fowl blue wheaten ameraucana

Will try and get pictures posted soon, just having trouble with that.
How old are the lav ameraucans pair and chicks and how much?

OK...time to list...not bringing much this year:

Hatching eggs : Wheaten Ameraucana (LF)(SQ) 1 dozen+
BLRW (LF) 6+ ( have a gold laced in the coop)
B/B Half English Orpington 6+ SOLD
Mixed breed duck eggs(Flock consist of runners/Saxony/Cayuga/and a Pekin hen)

Live Birds : Pair of Butterscotch D'Uccles 13 months old SOLD
Pair of Bantam Ameraucanas ( White Roo and Splash hen...both SQ)
A few mixed breed ducklings =)

Also have a pair of Mini Lop Rabbits...Have pedigree on buck...Chinchilla buck and Broken Chinchilla doe...under 2 years old...Doe has been bred in past but is NOT bred now(will be transported together so who knows unless pre reserved and requested NOT to be transported together...just trying to keep number of cages down)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom