Cast iron skillets

I found the info on building a electrolysis rust remover thingymajig

with pics too!
big_smile.png

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6599&highlight=electrolysis

Quote:
Let me rephrase that. I called mom and she said 'NOOOO clean the OUTSIDE with the soap, keep soap off the inside! just use your hand to swish out the big yuckies and then dry and regrease!

Sorry to confuse you all and stress anyone out. Right now I have electric and cast iron just does not do well on electric ovens...did I mention how I hate electric stoves. Give me the gas stoves anytime!

Quote:
Non-stick cast iron? really? or is that b/c you seasoned them, or does someone make such a thing?

I bought a cheap one al Wally World and it is AWESOME, has made me like cooking again!!!
Hugs
Christina

Quote:
Non-stick cast iron? really? or is that b/c you seasoned them, or does someone make such a thing?

I bought a cheap one al Wally World and it is AWESOME, has made me like cooking again!!!
Hugs
Christina

If you cook in them and clean them properly your cast iron will become nonstick. I have a skillet I have used everyday since before I ever married the first time. I was 18 when I got this pan. I am 42 now. It is fabulous, smut black, got some baracles on the outer rim that won't come off and it is stick proof!

I inherited my grandmothers cast iron skillets...they are VERY old. She used them back when she still cooked with her woodstove(the kitchen woodstove, not the kind you heat your house with, lol. THat being said for the cityslickers) Her's are absolutely slick inside and I have no problems when I use them. Plus they can be quite the conversation starter when entertaining dinner guests.

I have a friend who is always searching flea markets, yard sales, etc, for old rusty cast iron. She takes hers to someone and has it sand blasted then starts over with seasoning. She has restored many pots and pans I thought were not worth the effort.

Back
Top Bottom