Castle Delight Seramas - Post your photos and share your stories!

Quote:
Lol he can't keep track of all my chickens in general. He has no idea how many I have outside and to him, all of them inside look alike
gig.gif
When they arrived, I took the shipping boxes they came in next door to my neighbor and had her put them in her trash so he wouldn't know, I swore my kids to secrecy on their lives lol and I have kept my mouth shut since
duc.gif

Pampered Poultry (Candace)? She is a facebook friend of mine and she has birds for auction right now I saw. I always have good luck with her eggs too. My first ever hatching seramas was from her eggs. I got 4 eggs, 3 hatched, all girls. One of them is pure white. My second batch I only had Zephyr hatch but that was my fault - incubator issues. I have several of her sizzles too. I got a mixture of eggs from her and that is how I got hooked on Seramas. They were just extras put in the box. Go figure lol.

I thought I saw you talking about a white serama you had but I never see pictures of her!

Yeah go figure the one pure white one I have and she is terrified of roosters! The last time I tried to breed her she went into a month long meltdown. I thought I was going to lose her. She is more important than white babies so I put her back with her silkie Momma and they are both happy now
smile.png

Quote:
AH! omg you are GOOD!! where does he think they came from?! Oh! an im looking up that other person with the seramas you mentioned now!

Lol he can't keep track of all my chickens in general. He has no idea how many I have outside and to him, all of them inside look alike
gig.gif
When they arrived, I took the shipping boxes they came in next door to my neighbor and had her put them in her trash so he wouldn't know, I swore my kids to secrecy on their lives lol and I have kept my mouth shut since
duc.gif

Pampered Poultry (Candace)? She is a facebook friend of mine and she has birds for auction right now I saw. I always have good luck with her eggs too. My first ever hatching seramas was from her eggs. I got 4 eggs, 3 hatched, all girls. One of them is pure white. My second batch I only had Zephyr hatch but that was my fault - incubator issues. I have several of her sizzles too. I got a mixture of eggs from her and that is how I got hooked on Seramas. They were just extras put in the box. Go figure lol.

Lol I just now got a chance to read your last post in full. your a very sneaky woman! haha
Oh an I looked up Papered Poultry... sucks she cant ship started birds
sad.png

I might contact her next year to see if I can get 6 from her. I love her white birds!!

Quote:
gig.gif
duc.gif

Lol I just now got a chance to read your last post in full. your a very sneaky woman! haha
Oh an I looked up Papered Poultry... sucks she cant ship started birds
sad.png

I might contact her next year to see if I can get 6 from her. I love her white birds!!

Her birds do throw a lot of white ones or nearly white. All three hens - 1 was pure white, 1 was white with slight buffing and the other one was white with gray. Unfortunately the last one died earlier this summer from a seizure
sad.png

I took the cutest pictures of my little serama babies with a tiny plastic Browns (we are from Cleveland, OH area) helmet on (the kind from a bubble gum machine) and it covered almost half their little bodies. I took them with my phone and have no idea how to get my pictures from my phone to the computer. I will have to take them again with my camera tomorrow
smile.png

I think the Nepoleon egg might be a quitter... the veins are still in a circle with a few small veins branching out from the circle and there is a dark spot in the middle of it like there would be if a chick was forming, but theres no heartbeat
hit.gif

It just doesnt look well along like the others do...

Quote:
I would leave it for at least another week or so. I never pull any eggs till much later.

And Chicks, can you email the photos to yourself? I do that all the time.

Last edited:
Quote:
I would leave it for at least another week or so. I never pull any eggs till much later.

And can you email the photos to yourself? I do that all the time.

I wont take any eggs out until day 1 of lockdown but it still makes me sad if it is a quitter..
sad.png

Hi Laura Here are some pics I took of 3. I have 7. I think 1 roo frizzled 1 hen and the black one is roo also they are 1 month old already

28795_frizzle_seramas_1_month_old_002.jpg

28795_frizzle_seramas_1_month_old_001.jpg

28795_frizzle_seramas_1_month_old_013.jpg

28795_frizzle_seramas_1_month_old_014.jpg

28795_frizzle_seramas_1_month_old_016.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh they are adorable!!!! Uploading them to my FB right now
smile.png

My little black one is not black at all...she is turning chocolate! None of my birds carry the chocolate gene so it's just pseudo chocolate, but it's still pretty! I'm hoping it's a girl so I can keep her
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom