Castle Delight Seramas - Post your photos and share your stories!

Quote:
celebrate.gif
So that is 12 out of 16....YES! I have been so worried (to the point of not sleeping at night - really) about this air sac issue. I don't want anymore detached air sacs but this is proof that it can be done. I have hatched lots of chicks from bad air sacs but it is good to see someone else doing it also
big_smile.png
Congrats!!!!

I am probably just as happy as you are! the only one not growing from a detached air sack is one where the air sac was split in 3 sections.. other then that the others are probably growing, but their just hidding from me! their yolks are dark so its kind of hard to candle through them an see anything just yet! I want to try an make something so the eggs that are growing with the detached air sacks so that the big end is pointed upwards so the air sack is where it is suppose to be at but I dont want to use egg cartons.. maybe carve a piece of styrofoam out so the end of the egg sits in a hole?

Quote:
celebrate.gif
So that is 12 out of 16....YES! I have been so worried (to the point of not sleeping at night - really) about this air sac issue. I don't want anymore detached air sacs but this is proof that it can be done. I have hatched lots of chicks from bad air sacs but it is good to see someone else doing it also
big_smile.png
Congrats!!!!

I am probably just as happy as you are! the only one not growing from a detached air sack is one where the air sac was split in 3 sections.. other then that the others are probably growing, but their just hidding from me! their yolks are dark so its kind of hard to candle through them an see anything just yet! I want to try an make something so the eggs that are growing with the detached air sacks so that the big end is pointed upwards so the air sack is where it is suppose to be at but I dont want to use egg cartons.. maybe carve a piece of styrofoam out so the end of the egg sits in a hole?

I don't know. I have always just incubated them on their sides like I do all my Serama eggs. I have never had luck incubating any other way but anything is worth a try!

Quote:

I don't know. I have always just incubated them on their sides like I do all my Serama eggs. I have never had luck incubating any other way but anything is worth a try!

im just a little scared that as the baby grows, its going to push the air sac somewhere its not suppose to be so when it pips, its not going to pip where the air sac is an it will suffocate.

Quote:
Laura,
I saw that Pixie has more birds on auction. Are you bidding on any? I saw a couple I really like, but I don't 'need' any.
No eggs hatching yet. The one I knew should have hatched by now, died in shell.
sad.png
I should have started it, but after starting that one too early I'm scared to do it. The other 6 are still moving, so I'm not rushing them.
I've finally seen movement in my turkey eggs! 2 for sure, some red veins in another. The other 3, still unsure. But from what I read, they can still surprise you. One person thought that her eggs had all died, but for some reason left them in the bator with other eggs. And 2 out of 4 hatched! The shells are much thicker than a chicken, it hard to get a good look with a simple candler. And it takes longer, so the wait is driving me nuts!!
(if you are bidding, good luck!!)
Paula

Quote:
Laura,
I saw that Pixie has more birds on auction. Are you bidding on any? I saw a couple I really like, but I don't 'need' any.
sad.png
I should have started it, but after starting that one too early I'm scared to do it. The other 6 are still moving, so I'm not rushing them.
I've finally seen movement in my turkey eggs! 2 for sure, some red veins in another. The other 3, still unsure. But from what I read, they can still surprise you. One person thought that her eggs had all died, but for some reason left them in the bator with other eggs. And 2 out of 4 hatched! The shells are much thicker than a chicken, it hard to get a good look with a simple candler. And it takes longer, so the wait is driving me nuts!!
Paula

No bidding this time
smile.png
I locked the credit card up lol. She has beautiful birds, again, but I am full up right now. I need to spend tomorrow moving them around and cleaning cages plus I'm really happy with my babies I have. Someday maybe
smile.png
Sorry about the one that died. It really is a crap shoot whether to help or not. And congrats on the turkey eggs!

Quote:
Laura,
sad.png
Paula

No bidding this time
smile.png
I locked the credit card up lol. She has beautiful birds, again, but I am full up right now. I need to spend tomorrow moving them around and cleaning cages plus I'm really happy with my babies I have. Someday maybe
smile.png
Sorry about the one that died. It really is a crap shoot whether to help or not. And congrats on the turkey eggs!

But you gotta bid!! you gotta you gotta you GOTTA!
lol.png

jk! lol

Quote:
No bidding this time
smile.png
smile.png

lol.png

jk! lol

Oh no....lol not this time. My husband was just questioning me on why I'm moving birds around and if my daughter is going to be monitoring me at our swap next month. I think I've pushed my luck far enough for now....he still doesn't even know I bought the birds from Juliette last time
lol.png

Quote:
lol.png

jk! lol

Oh no....lol not this time. My husband was just questioning me on why I'm moving birds around and if my daughter is going to be monitoring me at our swap next month. I think I've pushed my luck far enough for now....he still doesn't even know I bought the birds from Juliette last time
lol.png

AH! omg you are GOOD!! where does he think they came from?! Oh! an im looking up that other person with the seramas you mentioned now!

Quote:
lol.png

AH! omg you are GOOD!! where does he think they came from?! Oh! an im looking up that other person with the seramas you mentioned now!

Lol he can't keep track of all my chickens in general. He has no idea how many I have outside and to him, all of them inside look alike
gig.gif
When they arrived, I took the shipping boxes they came in next door to my neighbor and had her put them in her trash so he wouldn't know, I swore my kids to secrecy on their lives lol and I have kept my mouth shut since
duc.gif

Pampered Poultry (Candace)? She is a facebook friend of mine and she has birds for auction right now I saw. I always have good luck with her eggs too. My first ever hatching seramas was from her eggs. I got 4 eggs, 3 hatched, all girls. One of them is pure white. My second batch I only had Zephyr hatch but that was my fault - incubator issues. I have several of her sizzles too. I got a mixture of eggs from her and that is how I got hooked on Seramas. They were just extras put in the box. Go figure lol.

Last edited:
Quote:

Lol he can't keep track of all my chickens in general. He has no idea how many I have outside and to him, all of them inside look alike
gig.gif
When they arrived, I took the shipping boxes they came in next door to my neighbor and had her put them in her trash so he wouldn't know, I swore my kids to secrecy on their lives lol and I have kept my mouth shut since
duc.gif

Pampered Poultry (Candace)? She is a facebook friend of mine and she has birds for auction right now I saw. I always have good luck with her eggs too. My first ever hatching seramas was from her eggs. I got 4 eggs, 3 hatched, all girls. One of them is pure white. My second batch I only had Zephyr hatch but that was my fault - incubator issues. I have several of her sizzles too. I got a mixture of eggs from her and that is how I got hooked on Seramas. They were just extras put in the box. Go figure lol.

I thought I saw you talking about a white serama you had but I never see pictures of her!

Back
Top Bottom