Castor Oil for inflamed bumblefoot?

I don't know if it could be bruising. if the online vet can see pics and maybe ask what they think it is

I don't know if it could be bruising. if the online vet can see pics and maybe ask what they think this is.
Yup I did and he said it looks like it could be dead tissue and may need to be removed. He suggested I send a photo to her vet to see if she'd be willing to evaluate and debride it a bit if needed. I sent pics and because I waited to administer the antibiotic she wants to wait. He said if she doesn't want to remove it he bets that entire dark part comes out/off as one big chunk at some point.

Sorry I am just now getting this alert. Just keep a close eye on it if your not wrapping so if it does come off you can treat it right away and wrap to keep nasty bacteria out.

Thank you for all the amazing and valuable knowledge in this thread but I was really hoping to get more information about castor oil? It was only mentioned in Moment's original post and then completely forgotten 😁 our Billie girl had the plug removed twice and the swelling appears to be slowly going down but we were hoping to expedite the process with castor oil. My wife has had some incredible success with it, most notably in removing dark circles around her eyes and I hear it does wonders for staph infections. If anyone else has had any experiences with it I would love to hear about it 😊 thank you!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom