Cat and Dog buying scam

amyburemt

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 7, 2015
I was recently contacted by a lady in texas who had bought a norwegian mountain cat from a breeder. Turns out this breeder was the same breeder I had problems with when I bought a great pyrenees dog. She is a scam artist who won't refund money when you catch on to her scam. I am not in Texas so it wasn't worth all the expense of bringing about a civil suit. Nice to find out that 4 years later she is still scamming people. she has also apparently at some point sold people alpacas. I guess my question is, besides civil suits, and notifying the local humane society who else should be notified. The cat buyer is contacting the cat registry. I contacted the akc when it first happened and they can't do anything. I read i can contact the federal trade commission. Is there anyone else who i can report this to? Also a word to the wise, don't buy any animals from a lady named debby love in rising star texas. she reports that she ships all over the U.S. so who knows how many victims she has. Luckily the person who bought the cat is going to file a civil suit since she lives in the same state.

I've heard about this. Not from the specific seller, but heard about people buying puppies and then there being no puppy to buy. And you don't get your money back, either.

I've heard about this. Not from the specific seller, but heard about people buying puppies and then there being no puppy to buy. And you don't get your money back, either.

Oh is that it?
OP's description doesn't sound quite like that (?), but I'm sure you'd know better than me...
well hmmm🤔.
I guess that's another reason to adopt instead of buy! #adoptdontshop
Yep scams are rubbish. And adopting is great!

Back
Top Bottom