Cat Garden

thewatsonfarm

Songster
8 Years
Mar 22, 2015
Orange County, California
I actually kill most inside plants, but I saw something on Pinterest about creating a cat garden inside, specifically for cats, and I had to try it out. The writer suggested lots of possible plants that cats might like, but some just didn't last too well inside the house.

Surprisingly, catnip has done very well inside with good morning sun through the window. Same for the peppermint & rosemary. Grasses never last long, as my cats eat it up quickly. But I have several small pots of grass, and I keep swapping them out when they get low, and give them time outside to grow back.

My female cat has "claimed" this little cat garden & our male isn't allowed near it. She loves and guards it!

Thought I'd share.

20170528_171555.jpg

she is a beauty! Whats her name?

Thank you. Her name is Miss Middleton, after Kate. She was brought into the shelter, pregnant with a bunch of kittens, and that was the same time that it was huge news about Kate & William expecting Prince George. The people at the shelter named her & it just stuck. She is a love.

We have dogs too, and they always eat the cat toys, so I wanted to do something nice for the cats. :)

I actually kill most inside plants, but I saw something on Pinterest about creating a cat garden inside, specifically for cats, and I had to try it out. The writer suggested lots of possible plants that cats might like, but some just didn't last too well inside the house.

Surprisingly, catnip has done very well inside with good morning sun through the window. Same for the peppermint & rosemary. Grasses never last long, as my cats eat it up quickly. But I have several small pots of grass, and I keep swapping them out when they get low, and give them time outside to grow back.

My female cat has "claimed" this little cat garden & our male isn't allowed near it. She loves and guards it!

Thought I'd share.

View attachment 1023479
I love that pic!

Back
Top Bottom