Cat killed one of my hens last night! GRR!

Quote:

Thank you for the reminder SS! Fluffy, I do think the attacks sound more like a racoon rather than a cat; however these wild cats sound like they are a menace and sounds like they need to be removed, one way or another.

Fluff - Please DO NOT TRY TO CATCH THE CATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They certainly will hurt you if you try to pick one up!!!!!!!!!
Sometimes if you find a wee tiny one, a baby under 6 weeks old its possible through loads of love and handling to turn them into a pet when they grow but NOT WILD ADULT ONES! I have seen them do a great deal of damage and certainly they will if they get near your face - so Please little fluff ball leave them alone and let someone bigger deal with the wild cats!

As I said to you they don;t usually take just a head! They like all the inside stuff and they love chicken so wouldn;t leave any behind, an adult WILD cat can carry a whole big chicken away all by itself! - so I think as others do this is probably a coon or one of these other animals mentioned kid. Remember DO NOT PAT OR TRY TO CATCH the wild pussy cats they will take your skin clean off kid, so keep you and your sister well clear! If you find one near your chickens call a big person to deal with it or take a big stick and make loads of noise to scare it away but NEVER TRY TO TOUCH IT! Even if it has one of your chickens - It is NOT Worth it Fluffy - (even for Fluffy puffy honestly!!!!!!!!)

Take care now
Oesdog -
hugs.gif

Very true. Feral cats can be very aggressive, not to mention if one bites you then you're in real trouble. Cat bites can become serious and lead to major infections. I would never mess with a truly feral cat. Great advice, oesdog.

Quote:

Thank you for the reminder SS! Fluffy, I do think the attacks sound more like a racoon rather than a cat; however these wild cats sound like they are a menace and sounds like they need to be removed, one way or another.

Yes - all the guys are gone this week, but maybe when they come back we can get rid of them. I have a trap set, but so far the only thing I've caught is chickens!
lol.png
They get into the trap and eat all the food without getting caught ...
roll.png

Quote:
I would try anything like that, not to worry! I don't think you could ever get close enough to touch one anywho!
I let my half grown chickens out for the first time today! So far they're all going back to the coop for water/feed etc.

I have a trap set, but so far the only thing I've caught is chickens!

Isn't that just typical chickens ?
And when you want to round them up... Oh No, there's no way you can catch them.​

Back
Top Bottom