Cat knocked incubator over!! HELP PLEASE!?!?!? **PICS ADDED**

Quote:
Congrats on your healthy chick.. Sorry about the other one.. Most likely it is the yolk sack, not intestines.. You may be able to wrap the chick in a wet washcloth or wet paper towel and put it back in the incubator for a few hours.. I've done that several times.. Good luck!

On a side note, I went ahead and moved my broody and put the 6 remaining lav eggs (that weren't broken) under her so now she has 8 total.. I candled every egg I have an so far I have 20 of my own that look beautiful! I can't believe with the severe cracks and almost crushed eggs, I only lost ONE! I found 3 blood rings in the lav eggs and the rest I will try to hatch out.. I either saw blood rings or nothing in them so I don't know.. I know it's only day 5 so I may not be able to see but it's discouraging.. The two that were under her already already show a tiny little chick bouncing around.. They are on the same day... Time will tell...

Goddess
jumpy.gif

I wanted to thank those of you who replies for the encouragement... Today is day 21 and out of 20 eggs that survived the fall (out of 21), I have 5 beautiful fuzzy butts and 8 pips.. The three absolute worst eggs have hatched! I want to say again that Mother Nature is a beautiful woman!! I will be posting pics soon!!!

I would like to say this... If there is EVER a time your eggs get crushed, dented, cracked or broken in ANY way, unless they are oozing or bleeding, DO NOT THROW THEM AWAY!!! Light a candle, dip your finger or something in the wax and put the wax in a thin layer over as much of the crack as you possibly can!! Place the eggs back into the incubator and let nature take its course!! There is still a chance if you give it to them!!! I never in my wildest dreams would have thought it was possible for my eggs to hatch!!!!

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Wow, that's really amazing -- congrats on the success after all of that trauma. To be honest, I never would have believed eggs that messed up would hatch -- it does confirm that where there is life there is always hope.

Omg just found this thread... and I would never have believed those beaten up eggs would hatch.... before I read this if it happened to me I would have just binned the damaged eggs... not now....
thumbsup.gif
you did a good job...

Thanks everyone! My hatch is almost over and I have 15 chicks and 1 in the process of hatching.. 16 chicks out of 20 and only ONE crushed egg that was alive at lockdown but for whatever reason, it never pipped internally and DIS.. Out of the other three, one pipped internally and two didn't.. All were DIS.. Not sure what happened but I got so much more out of this hatch than I expected! As promised, I do have some pics for y'all!!

This chick came out of one of the worst eggs.. You can see the amount of wax on the first picture..
2011-06-05182800.jpg

2011-06-05182815.jpg

The next two eggs look like someone tried to push their thumb through them but as you can see, they are both pipped!!
2011-06-05202816.jpg

2011-06-05202833.jpg

Basket of chicks!
2011-06-06080513.jpg

These two chicks both came from the same hen and roo... The roo is pure delaware and hen is dark brahma bantam x true blue egger ameraucana! I HOPE they are both pullets, especially since I've been waiting for her to give me another white chick with feathered legs!!!!! lol
2011-06-06080704.jpg

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom