Cat might got in DiWorm Med. water

GPN

Got Pheasants? Nessia
11 Years
Aug 6, 2008
Snead, Alabama
IS there anything that we can do if the cat got in to the Diworm med water for the chickens that we swapped for from local swapper? Please help! Looks like the cat is foaming and has not moved for an hour but is breathing!

are you sure the cat got into the water? could the cat have gotten into something else?...maybe a secondary poisoning..is the cat a mouser?...do you use anything to control mice like poison that the cat could have eaten a contaminated mouse?...I would call your vet

Quote:
No Sure if she got in the Water she likes to catch moles and we have a MOle Plant which is suppose to keep them away as far as I know she has not gotten any mice lately. Mom said to wait and see because my sister takes care of the vet thing!

I don't know! I know that for our dogs and for us we've given activated charcoal, that may help. I don't know about now, because of how long it's been and water goes through their systems faster. I don't know if it'll help. You'll have to get it from wal-mart or something, in the med sections. You'll have to put it down his throat with a tube or something. Keep us updated! If you do use a tube make sure you put it down the esophagus and not the trachea, and that you don't put it in too far! Just enough to get the cat to swallow. I've never given anything to a cat, so I don't know if it'd work to just put it in the cats mouth and hold its mouth shut while stroking its throat. Maybe? I don't know, depends on how bad the cat is. The charcoal isn't toxic, and so even if the cat didn't get into the water you can still give it to him without hurting him.

went out to find cat to see how she was now and can"t find her anywhere, so we will just hope for the best right now!

Vet told us to watch her and see!
Rats!!!(oops) She will survive said my mom this evening
whom really don't care for cats, female cats espeacially.
She was seen eating and drinking today and would even let her kittens near her but not to nurse. Kittens are eating soild food, and drinking water so they are old enough to leave mom right? Thanks for all your help with this problem and Remember that other animals can get sick from med that will help others!!!!!
smile.png
p

No momma wont allow cats in the house and this morning she playing with the kittens and eating like normal so I think she will be fine!
big_smile.png
gotta go to work now Thanks for your concern

Back
Top Bottom