Catastrophe Avoided

jnicholes

Free Ranging
7 Years
Feb 16, 2017
Dietrich, Idaho
Hello,

Neighbors tree fell in our chicken coop, damaging the fence. Coop and my house were two feet from being hit. The chickens and my rabbit are not hurt. My neighbor and I used chainsaws to get the tree out.

Pictures are having trouble. I think they are attached.

Jared

Attachments

• IMG-2301.JPG
    IMG-2301.JPG
    704 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-2301.JPG
    IMG-2301.JPG
    704 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-2305.JPG
    IMG-2305.JPG
    720.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-2309.JPG
    IMG-2309.JPG
    700.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG-2310.JPG
    IMG-2310.JPG
    732.7 KB · Views: 19
Hello,

The last picture put in my mind what they might have been thinking, "Oh, it fell. Wow. Lets eat the leaves!"

The rabbit, Sophie, was on high alert yesterday, she was pretty scared. She is ok now, back to her old self.

This morning I went out to clean up. They were all clucking loud like "Its the one day anniversary of avoiding certain death!"

They were roosting on parts of the tree, and exploring around it. Some went through branches under the tree to explore. I was like, "Where is number 7?" She popped her head up through all the branches.

Also, yesterday Mrs. Broody, (Yes, I named her that. She has the shortest comb, so I know its her,) and another hen were in the nesting box laying on eggs, completely unconcerned with what happened.

Neighbors are offering to fix the fence, because they are afraid of being sued. I was like, "We, (My family,) are not the kind of people that sue. We would appreciate the help with the fence, though."

Anyway, they are all ok. I am glad.

Jared

Back
Top Bottom