caterpillers. Ugg!

CityGirlintheCountry

Green Eggs and Hamlet
12 Years
Jul 7, 2007
Middle TN
I am overwelmed with fuzzy black caterpillars!!!! They are black with a yellow (green?) line on them. They are building web looking nests in my trees. Those webs are dense and white and covered in more caterpillers and full of little black spots. The chickens won't touch the darn things. What are they are are they taking over the world? How do I get rid of them before they hatch into freaky mutant flying things. UGG!!!

do they look like this?
24587_613tent_clip_image001_0000.jpg
These are army tent worms.

Yes! They look just like that! How the heck do I get rid of them? Where might one get Bacillus thuringiensis (Bt) and are there any other cures? What will they do if I leave them be? Will they kill my trees?

We get them around here. Whatever you do don't set the caterpillar nest on your lawn, dad did that once and they connected the web thingy to the ground. The web that they make is a whole lot stronger than it looks, and we couldn't pry it off the ground.
gig.gif

(just as a side note: I love caterpillars...)

I like caterpillars but not tent caterpillars, they are disgusting. They always tent in my crabapple, or weeping cherry. My solution, WD-40 and a lighter, burn them it works good.

Quote:
They do quite a bit of damage to the tree's leaves.
barnie.gif
We have them here, too during the Summer.
hmm.png
I like caterpillars, I just don't like those ones; they have pointy hairs that make you itch sometimes, and when you touch them they will spaz out!
lau.gif
creepy....
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom