'C'ats 'A're 'T'ruly 'S'pecial

Has anyone else ever stepped in cat vommit at 5 am? That is what I did this morning. Cassy smells, bad. She has IBD and occasionally gets constipated. When that happens, she does not groom herself. I never like dealing with it, so it is a trip to the vet in the near future. I feel bad, because treats, even 1, make her throw up twice. So every morning, I wake up to meow, meow, meow, meow, meow , MEEEEEEOOOOOOOOWWWWWW. I don't mind, because I know things can change in an instant. I found out the hard way. My old cat (RIP) Lola, was the sweetest, healthiest cat ever. Well, last year, I stayed with my cousins for Christmas. The dogs have a big backyard, but one room with a normal door, and on the other end two slider doors. I was going to latch it when I got back. I still feel horrible because I only said "Bye Lola, love you, you be good." And gave her a quick scratch under her chin. The morning of day two at cousin's house, the pet sitter called me. The dogs had managed to push open the slider doors, and Lola was dead. Cassidy was on medication for stress, so she was just soaking wet from dog drool, and the dogs didn't go after her. It is likely Lola died from a heart attack, cause she had no puncture wounds. If I had known that was the last time Lola would be alive, I would have said goodbye, with scratching her and petting her, telling her how much I love her. To this day, I still blame myself. It was all my fault. The point is, I now treat every moment as if it their last. I am so sorry Lola. It was all my fault

I am so sorry to hear that. Loosing any animal, especially when we feel like we can do something about it, is so hard. Loosing those kittens to getting their shots to early was terrible, and having Miracle hit by a car was as well. You think "why couldn't I have just kept her locked in that night" or "why couldn't I have just waited two weeks to get them their vaccinations" but in the end what happens ultimately happens. That is why we work to give our animals a wonderful life, because it isn't how long they live that counts, but how good their life is while they live it. Miracle would not have been happy without getting to play outdoors, so it was a risk we took for her own joy. Nym now goes outside as well and has almost been hit by cars a few times. However, he is learning how to cross the road more carefully. I only wish the drivers would be more careful, as they tend to speed where we are.

Cute kittens of the day!

Misty playing with our dog, Gerbil's, foot (she was pretty crazy about that foot, she was rubbing her face on it like her life depended on it)

Puma look ADORABLE

I can't tell which one this is, but I would guess Gracie. I guess she thought it was comfortable there.

Sammie and what I believe is Miracle (she was the fluffiest of the grey kittens). KITTENS ARE SO CUTE!

Cute kittens of the day! Misty playing with our dog, Gerbil's, foot (she was pretty crazy about that foot, she was rubbing her face on it like her life depended on it) Puma look ADORABLE I can't tell which one this is, but I would guess Gracie. I guess she thought it was comfortable there. Sammie and what I believe is Miracle (she was the fluffiest of the grey kittens). KITTENS ARE SO CUTE!
Awwwwww! My heart has officially melted. :love

Marmalade lying on my bed after a nap and groggily sticking his tongue out. :lol:

Wensday cute kitten pictures!

Nym playing with a foam dart. His legs had just started to grow but his head was still too big for him.
smile.png

Miracle playing with her favorite toy, the plastic ring from a milk jug. Kitty (our dog) watches in interest.

Spotty (I know, clever name, right?) unsure of what to think of being upstairs and away from his mother (he is Miracle's little brother from Tabby's second litter).

Thursday Cute Kitten photos!

Nym asleep in my Mom's arms. By the way, the photo is upside down so don't get confused.
smile.png

I think this might be Gracie, but it could be Buggsie or Puma as well. Miracle didn't have dark markings near her nose.

Sammie getting a bath. I believe this is when he was sick so we were cleaning him up. He doesn't look too happy about it. Look at those yoda ears!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom