Caught me a RACCOON!!! ~PICS~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
It was a healthy coon. If it had been sickly, then I would have euthanized it. I talked to some people, and did reasearch, and learned that summer is the best time to located, because they can get used to the area before winter comes.

They are cute until they kill. I've had a coon learn how to open the latches to my coop so I'm now very cautious of them. Lost birds and fish to the witty creatures. Best of luck! I think we are still among breeding/brooding season for the little guys now so it won't be long before we see families of coons come out at dusk.

Quote:
I've never seen any here - but on vacation in Kalaloch (on the coast WA) we saw families of raccoons, and they'd come stand outside the little cabin glass sliding doors and LOOK LONGINGLY at us inside!
gig.gif

Congratutlations. My predators must be really smart. I have had a trap out for a month and haven't caught anything.

I like the idea about dumping the trap in the bottom of a barrel of water for 15 or 20 minutes with the animal. That seems to have more closure than letting it loose at someone else's house. :|

Quote:
First of all, I didnt let it loose at somebodys house. We went in the woods, and there were no houses for miles. I wouldnt want to bring the problem to somebody else, or their chickens.

Second of all, drowning anything is horrible. Why would I want to make a poor animal suffer, and I dont even know that the raccoon is the one that killed by barred rock hen. I couldn't live with myself if killed an animal, just to kill it.

If you have nothing nice to say, then dont say it at all, please. Thank you.
wink.png

Last year, I had no raccoons, just hawks. This year I have raccoons and no hawks.

I also have a weasel, that killed 3 of my baby chicks, and bit the mother hens head up. I will be euthanizing that, if I catch it.

Anybody have any hints on how to catch a weasel?

Quote:
it is the right thing to do if you want your chickens to stay alive. Take it from us that have lost countless amount of birds to these varmits.

Oooooh, I have nightmares about coons!!!! We have bears, wolves, cyotes, bobcats, badgers and fishers here, but the coons are what really freak me out!! I would have let it go too, or should I say another one of my family members would have had to do it, because I wouldnt go anywhere near that trap!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom