Caught The Thief! Don't Mess With My Orpington!

Anyone have any tricks to get the skunk smell out?

Try this from the University of Nebraska extension - it is like a textbook on how to remove skunk odor from people, pets, clothing, buildings, etc.

Follow the directions for Paul Krebaum's formula and use an open bowl to mix it and use immediately. It turns the thiols into odorless acids. Tomato juice is messy, staining, and not as effective.

http://www.ianrpubs.unl.edu/live/g2100/build/g2100.pdf

I just shot a opossum. Outside the pen I'll leave them alone inside the pen they're mine! I just cleaned out the coop and I had found some old eggs, very ripe eggs! I set them on top of a barrel of feed. I went out just now to lock up my birds for the night and on top of the barrel sets the opossum. I hit him with my rake. I think I just stunned him. So...I went and got my 25 magnum revolver need I say more. He is now the late opossum! The opening to my coop is on the other side in the big pen so he couldn't get to them. My birds are all fine. I ck inside the coop to make sure. Tomorrow I have find out how he got in because my green will go in that pen!

I'm so sorry yr birds were hurt/killed... And I know u didn't want to kill a cute lil coon! It's nature tho.... Xoxoxox

How long does it take to get from city thinking (aw you killed it) to farm animal thinking (necessary death)? :) I've moved from Houston where I grew up to a teeny tiny town on a farm :) Mentally get the necessity to kill, but still feel bad for it. My husband and family laugh because I'll kill an animal when I have to, but cry about it. Even I admit it's funny
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom