Caught The Thief! Don't Mess With My Orpington!

I have a solution to this terminate the animal on the spot, then you don't have to rerelease it; then bury or burn it. We do it all the time.

Many live trapped animals in our neighborhood die of mysterious head injuries; in fact, this is true throughout the state. It is legal to "humanely euthanize" most nuisance animals that area attacking or harassing pets or stock. So I put my live trap right up against the wall of the coop. We actually dispatched a young skunk that somehow managed to get *inside* the chicken run one night. I ran out to see what was there because the biddies were panicking all over the run - and it was pure dumb luck I didn't get issued my skunk. We put a trap out the next day and caught it. Tightened up the perimeter after that.

Many live trapped animals in our neighborhood die of mysterious head injuries; in fact, this is true throughout the state. It is legal to "humanely euthanize" most nuisance animals that area attacking or harassing pets or stock. So I put my live trap right up against the wall of the coop. We actually dispatched a young skunk that somehow managed to get *inside* the chicken run one night. I ran out to see what was there because the biddies were panicking all over the run - and it was pure dumb luck I didn't get issued my skunk. We put a trap out the next day and caught it. Tightened up the perimeter after that.
Ah yes skunks. That's good you got it. I got sprayed by my skunk. -_-

Back
Top Bottom