Cayenne pepper powder to cure worms - how hot????

Quote:
Whatever you do, get rid of them. They're $tealing your food$tuff.
wink.png

Boy, I just want to say that truer words have not been spoken. I had no idea that the worms were taking in sooooo much of the food.
ep.gif
I am now feeding them 1/4 of what I was before. This worming really worked.

ps. I'm using probiotics and yogurt to get there digestive system back up to snuff.

Thanks to all of you for your advice.
thumbsup.gif
I followed the process twice, followed by 10 days of no eating the eggs (gave them to the pigs for worming them) A hassle, but so worth it.

Now I'll use the cayanne pepper as a preventative.

Can`t say much about all the scientific studies, just my own experience. Cayenne mixed to make their feed look rusty in the front, worms run out the back. Never had gape worm, but round worms just can`t stand the heat. I don`t do a mainainance feeding, just when I see the symptoms, or the worms.........Pop

So Lollipop Your saying that peroanally you have had good luck with the cayenne thing?? I think I will see what happens and try it! I curious to see since I don't really want to trhow out 6 doz eggs and am not fond of the other method

Ernie

How can you tell if your chickens have worms?

About the only way to know is to get the poop sampled by a vets office.

If you wish to try natrural worm prevention methods, hats off to you, but do your self and your birds a favor and spend the few bucks to get a few poop samples checked now and then to see if it is really working or not.​

Quote:
Lollipop, your waiting to "see the symptons, or the worms..." is not much help. Getting a fecal test done by a vet will show you for sure, and probably so, that your chickens, especially if they free range on dirt, have LOTS of worms.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom