Cayuga Duck Eggs-Help!!!

C

CityMommy

Hi- we are currently incubating Cayuga Duck eggs- going in day 26 and one has made an external pip AT THE WRONG END!!!! I let it sit for 12 hours took it out and the membrane looked completely dry and brown. So I carefully chipped off some of the egg surrounding it ( as it also looked like the end was bruised) and peeled back a little if the membrane. As soon as I did that the baby ducks bill poped out and it started chirping!! Poor thing couldn’t breathe as the dry membrane covered the hole it made. So since it’s malpositioned I made a safety hole where the air sac is? Idk. It’s our first time hatching duck eggs- probably made the safety hold a little big but I could see Red inside? So I assume veins. I put coconut oil on the pipped opening and put her back in the incubator. Now I’m worried sick she’s not going to be able to hatch or make it. What should I do? HELP- she’s alive and I want to be able to help her but at the same time I don’t want to hurt her by helping if that makes sense. I’ve attached pix- do you think she’ll be able to do the rest herself? When should I assist? It’s been 24 hours.
Currently in lock down and humidity is at 65-67
During incubation it was at 44.
This is day 26-now going into 27
They’re Cayuga Duck eggs.
Any advice greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 921BE669-FB92-4296-AAF4-4238C2A95C1A.jpeg
    921BE669-FB92-4296-AAF4-4238C2A95C1A.jpeg
    475.8 KB · Views: 46

Back
Top Bottom